User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update... Went back to the dealer, just to let them know what I found...Talked to "The right RV Tech", no condescending, cocky I know it all attitude, just straight facts about Rv fridges.... Oddly enough he was an older fellow... Go figure... Highly recommended cleaning up the baffle to get hot air out the vent as Bamaman suggested... As for Dinosaur Electronics... said the reason they are in business is because the circuit boards in RV appliances are crap....
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Big Blue; 03-07-2019 at 05:10 AM.
    2019 230RL Reflection ..... 1996 Dodge 2500 Cummins still pulling just as hard as the day I brought her home November 1995...3.6 Onan. 2 battleborns 300 watts solar, 1500 watt aims inverter....(Convictions are a far greater foe of truth than lies) {Nietztche}

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was having a problem with ours in 29RS it would get to 38 on electric when loaded with cold stuff and pre ran for a couple of days beforehand. Made appointment with dealer, 670 miles round trip to drop it off, got a call in a few days, got it ready. Back up for another trip, get home still doing same thing. Call them back said I could take it to there dealer in Jacksonville might be a little closer for me, only 600 miles round trip.
    First time said it was condensation line plug, second trip said needed new door seals, still didn't work when we got it home. Called Lacey's RV Service (moblie service) out of Defunkac spring Fl. Young guy shows up that had worked on my Passport a couple years ago. He checked it out and said sound like a clog in the cooling unit or the demister (never heard of a drmister), unplugs demisterand said let it run for 24 hours and see what it does. Sure enought 24 hours down to 34 another 12 hours and at 26.
    Charged me $75 service call and $62.50 for half hour labor, he contacted Dometic and they took care of the rest. Wish I had started with them.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The boss and I have been RVing since the mid 80's... When you find a good RV tech..... keep his number handy.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to know what a "demister" is please? And do you know where it is located?

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CC Never heard of one and if he hadn't said it a few times I would be going I just missunderstode. He unpluged it from behind the black box cover bottom left corner lower access pannel. When he took the cover off top right of board small 3 mybe 4 wire connector one wire was higher than the rest. Wasn't out there when he replaced the part, said unplugging would make refrig run non stop.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    It is a liquid/vapor separator used in recirculating systems where you convert a liquid to gas and back again.

HTH,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm confused again!.... Kevin is correct in his definition of a demister, however unplugging in "thermister" from the circuit board would make the cooling unit go full cold and freeze anything in the fridge in about 24 hours.... A great way to troubleshoot the fridge by eliminating the control circuit.... If the fridge gets cold you know it's the control side, if not you have trouble with the cooling unit....

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s what they wanted, run full bore and see if it would cool. It worked so they new that was where the problem was. Has worked like a champ after repair.
    Kevin thanks for the info had never heard of it before.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was the actual problem the control board or the demister part?

Brian

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast