User Tag List

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Time Set Up of B & W Companion in 2019 Super Duty

Scheduled to pick up my new 303 on 3/9/19. This is my first fifth wheel after numerous bumper pull trailers. My B & W Companion RVK3300 arrived in my driveway yesterday and I plan to install it this weekend. My truck is a 2019 F-250 long bed 4 X 4 with factory prep. I am wondering what the height and fore and aft set up should be initially. I understand that I very well might need to adjust it when I pick up the trailer but which bolt holes should I use when I first bolt up the pivot arms. My initial thoughts were all the way forward and maximum height. I know there are a lot of folks on this forum with my exact hitch and truck and would like to here your advice and benefit from your experience. Also, after some internet investigation, it looks like it's possible to cut out around the pucks and install the hitch over my Bedrug. Anyone around here done that? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JeffD68; 03-01-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a B&W Companion hitch. I set mine for the middle setting for height and to the most rearward position. You have a long bed so I would set yours to the most forward position.
    My setup is different to yours so you may have to make some adjustments. I have a F350 4X4 short bed with a Reflection 337 and aftermarket MORryde pin box. The pin box has height adjustments also. The dealer should be able to make any adjustments at time of delivery. Just make sure you have at least 6" bed clearance.

All the best with your new 5th wheel. You're going to love how it tows.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Middle height setting for mine. Rearward position as well. My truck is a short-bed.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set mine for max height and glad I did. Unit sets level for our rig. I also set it for pin directly over the axle.

See rig details in sig line

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to set mine for the middle height and the forward position. I will make adjustments if necessary when we pick up our trailer Saturday afternoon.
    Last edited by JeffD68; 03-07-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    2022 F450 Platinum
    B & W Companion
    2024 Brinkley Model Z 3610

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should be O.K. My dealer adjusted the pin box for me when I picked up our 5th wheel.
    We want to see a pictures when you pick it up.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I set middle rear for mine (B&W slider in an 18 F350). Works perfectly. I brought my electric impact gun along when I went to pick it up in case I needed to adjust it.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff