User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I messaged Vickie Hill (Wagon Master) on FB to please post info on forum concerning the 2019 TX rally. I do not want to say something that may be incorrect which according to my DW is most of the time.

Cheers and Safe Travels!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it appears that the forum is like the red headed step child. The info and registration is open in the GD Rallies FB page so if you want in you need to go to FB.

It is crazy why people rather do FB there is no organization and finding a particular post or topic is next to impossible. I am sure the forum was available to owners long b4 any of the numerous GD FB pages existed.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are registered for the GDRV 2019 Texas Rally.

The site number will be assigned once we get there. We'll be there 10/9 till 10/13. The wife is the facebook nut but she made reservations by calling the KOA direct. It took her a couple times to get through, I guess there are lots of reservations being made. She said something like 150 sites are set aside for the rally.

The Conroe KOA is really nice. The rally was held there two years ago.

Hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by Steven@147; 03-18-2019 at 10:18 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the event on the GD site. Missed out on the itty bitty GD rally in San Antonio.

Made reservations directly with Sherry 936-582-1200 at the Lake Conroe KOA. She said the rally starts Thursday Oct 10 and ends Sunday Oct 13th.

FYI the Wagon Master Vickie Hall is located (or works) at the KOA

Lake Conroe / Houston North KOA
    19785 Highway 105 West
    Montgomery, TX 77356
    Phone: 800-562-9750
    Fax: 936-582-1218
    Email: [email protected]
    RV Sites, Tent Sites
    Check-in: 12:00 pm, Check-out: 11:00 am

Directions
    Forty miles north of Houston. At Conroe, take Exit 87. Go west on Hwy 105, 13 miles. KOA is on the left.
    Last edited by Rivercityjeff; 03-18-2019 at 01:42 PM. Reason: New info
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

DW conversed with Vickie Hall on FB. She was unaware the Texas rally link was not working. Also she said 1/3 of the campsites are now booked.

Suggest you call the campground at the number above to book a site. Unclear when the GD rally link will be back in service.
    Jeff and Mary
    2017 2600RB
    2022 F250 Lariat CC 6.7 w/ Max Tow
    Round Rock, (Donut Capital of Texas) <><

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never stayed at the Conroe KOA but my b-i-l who was the south Texas chapter leader for Heartland had a couple of rallies there and likes the place. We were at the GD rally in San Antonio. That KOA needs a lot of updating to their RV sites. One thing that I noticed to be different was that the 2018 rally had no registration fee and the 2019 Conroe rally has a $50 registration fee.
    Ed & Charlotte W.
    2018 Solitude 310GK-R
    2017 Chevy 3500HD 2wd DRW

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the information, rivercityjeff. I don't do FB either. Don't trust Zuckerface. Too many security lapses and he is too interested in leveraging private data to line his pockets. And anyone who shows up at a Congressional hearing wearing a t-shirt does not get my vote of confidence. I am new to this site and RV'ing, but am enjoying every minute. Since I got my TT in January, I have only spent two weeks in my house.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12