Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inverter for refirg

Okay you've got the best of me; the more I read the less I know.
    If I wanted to run the refig off a inverter while driving instead of propane for day trips only what do I need to know? I'm just a old fart from Niceville that at one time was pretty good at math but not electrical y'all have kicked my butt.
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you do a search you’ll see a few threads about this, I think @howson was working on it
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall lee View Post
    Okay you've got the best of me; the more I read the less I know.
    If I wanted to run the refig off a inverter while driving instead of propane for day trips only what do I need to know? I'm just a old fart from Niceville that at one time was pretty good at math but not electrical y'all have kicked my butt.
    I'll be on the road for a few days, Randall. When I get back maybe we can do lunch?

In the meantime, I suspect you know about them but just in case...start with this thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...-With-Inverter

which then transitioned into this (long!) thread: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...back-Requested

There's quite a bit of info in these threads.

First and foremost keep in mind that my goal has expanded from just the refrigerator to something close to boondocking.

I may not respond again until Wed of next week, but there are plenty of others here who can chime in if you have specific questions. (I'm still working my way through the process.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howson Thanks for the post, I had read most of your post on DIY stuff. This one was just getting over my head. Think I'll go back to some old school thinking, propane for longer drives but for 3-4 hours have had good results with re-usable blue ice. They helped bring the refrig downto temp faster and will keep using them when traveling.
    Now lunch is a different story always up for food or beer, anytime you are in the area let me know.
    Thanks
    Every thing is nicer in Niceville.
    2019 Reflections 29RS
    2016 GMC Denali Hd
    B&W slider hitch
    Mor-ryde rubber pin box