User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F-350: How much for extended warranty, etc. . . .?

Hi all – I have my F-350 spec’d out and close to ordering. In the meantime, what I’m wondering what to expect from the finance guy at the dealership regarding extended warranty or any other dealer add-ons he’s going to try to push on me.

Without going into a debate as to if an extended warranty is worth it or not (we already know it works for some people, others consider it a waste), can someone please tell me what different warranty options are out there and what they cost?

Also what other things will the finance guy try to sell me? And how much are those?

Again, I'm asking specifically about Ford.

Thanks, -Jeff
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can purchase an extended warranty, same one dealer sells, through Flood Ford ESP. I had this information when I purchased and the dealership originally quoted me about $500 above the Flood Ford ESP price and said they were giving me the best deal with no mark up until I pulled out the quote. They then matched the price. I believe you also have up to 12 months after purchase to buy the warranty without a higher cost and typically Flood has zero percent interest if you want to purchase the extended warranty after you get your truck. Also, if you spend some time at the Ford Trucks forum there is a ton of information on this. Here is a link to both.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

I also think with the new trucks it is worth it. I can't remember but I think I paid around $1700 for 6 years with a small deductible. My guess is something will happen in the six years to easily cover this cost.
    Damon and Colleen
    2019 Ford F350 CC SB 6.7 FX4 Platinum
    5th Wheel Prep Puck System
    B&W Companion Non-Slider
    BAKFlip MX4 Tonneau Cover

2019 Reflection 28BH
    Progessive EMS-HW50C

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the electronics, especially the touch screen in these new vehicles , I would buy extended warranty again. Just make sure what they cover , ie bumper to bumper.

Brian

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the diesel forums has a contact that sells the Ford ESP's at dealer cost. Cant remember which forum it is though, maybe Powerstroke.org?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    2019 Reflection 150 260RD - 2018 Ford F350
    Rest of the fleet: 95 Grand Cherokee with a lot of stuff, 15 JKU Rubicon with less stuff, 98 5.9 Grand Cherokee with a little stuff

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all - that's what I was looking for.

Any other things the finance guy might try to sell me before I write the check? Thanks!
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orbsah View Post
    Thank you all - that's what I was looking for.

Any other things the finance guy might try to sell me before I write the check? Thanks!
    They will try to sell you all kind of things. This is where the F&I guy makes his money.

Tire care tire and wheel road hazard coverage
    Acid rain paint warranty with a $1000 wax job
    Maintenance plan for oil changes etc.
    DentCare Door dent repair service
    Windshield Care insurance covers only small chip repairs, doesn’t cover stress cracks
    Vin number etched on glass theft coverage
    LoJack
    Gap insurance
    Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomado View Post
    You can purchase an extended warranty, same one dealer sells, through Flood Ford ESP. I had this information when I purchased and the dealership originally quoted me about $500 above the Flood Ford ESP price and said they were giving me the best deal with no mark up until I pulled out the quote. They then matched the price. I believe you also have up to 12 months after purchase to buy the warranty without a higher cost and typically Flood has zero percent interest if you want to purchase the extended warranty after you get your truck. Also, if you spend some time at the Ford Trucks forum there is a ton of information on this. Here is a link to both.

https://www.floodfordesp.com/

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

I also think with the new trucks it is worth it. I can't remember but I think I paid around $1700 for 6 years with a small deductible. My guess is something will happen in the six years to easily cover this cost.
    X2 on Flood Ford. Just bought a 6 year 75k premium care for 1350 for my 2016.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Andrew in the Burgh
    2015 Reflection 317RST...Auction Rebuild

See Thread Here:
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...795#post145795

2016 F350 CCLB DRW 6.7

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X3 on Flood Fords price example, based on all the threads I've read on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts forum. Check it out. Funny, my salesman/finance department didn't try to sell me diddly squat extra at deal time. I appreciated that!!!! Remember: NO is a word!!!And dittos on the warranty. See other thread here on another OP's question...........
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x2 on FloodFord

At the finance manager's desk I was quoted $1300 more than FloodFord. Presented the quote from FloodFord and he didn't hesitate to match the price.
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast