User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Living Next to a Gym

Twice in my life I was lucky enough to live next door to a gym. The first time I was renting an apartment on a job in Colorado, and it just so happened that there was a huge athletic club next door to the complex. I barely had to walk 200 yards. I was down 35 lbs and nearly beat obesity that time. The second time I was at an RV park in Inman KS, that was just a very short walk down to dirt RV park road to the local gym. Tiny gym, but that was nice also.

I was thinking about that this morning as I looked out on the snow covered roads, and it got me wondering. Are there any athletic clubs out there with RV hookups? I get that for many fitness is a non-issue. Many simply don't have trouble with weight or need to think much about it. But, this would be pretty good business model that could offer services at a premium, that I for one would happily pay. A near perfect setup in a country that just keeps getting heavier. Am I nuts?
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know about other places, but here in Texas many of our campgrounds have a full gym and are adding full sized basketball courts. I think that as the younger group starts to camp either as full timers (working from wherever they are) or weekend warriors they have requested the campgrounds have the same facilities as their apartment/homes. I know that JellyStone RV park in Kerrville remodeled last year and put in a full size basketball court, a gym as well as new water slides. The last time we were there (October) the basketball court was in full use all day which was a big change from earlier visits. Pioneer in Port Aransas while rebuilding from the hurricane was talking about adding a gym and a pavilion with basketball and other games.

I believe that RV parks will have to adapt to the new younger campers in order to stay competitive. That - unfortunately - means higher rental fees and new facility usage fees.
    Les and Sharon Bevil
    Austin, Tx

Reflection 311BHS purchased March 2017
    Jayco 32BHDS sold March 2017
    2012 Chevrolet 2500HD 6.6 Diesel (until May 2018)
    2015 Chevrolet 3500HD 6.6 Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most 55 plus parks have gyms.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live on a farm and my evenings and weekends are filled with feeding animals, hauling feed sacks, building fence, weedeating, cutting trees etc., etc.. Seems like I get more exercise in the outdoors when camping than I do at home. We run the wheels off the bikes, hike and just generally stay active.

We stayed next to a couple last spring who carried their motorcycle in a toy hauler and they brought a full sized elliptical machine with them as well.

I use an elliptical a few days a week at home, and I've considered a Stamina InMotion Compact Strider or the Pro version for when we retire. Seems like a reasonable thing to haul along.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana