User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In-line fuse on converter charge line?

Trying to line up everything I might need for going to 2 6v. On my old Jayco 5th, Jayco put an in-line fuse on the charge lines going to the battery, from the WFCO converter. If the 6v were too deeply discharged, the current demand would blow the fuse. Dealer had me replace the fuse with an automatic circuit breaker, that would just reset itself and resume charging after things cooled down.
    Anyone know if there is a similar fuse in the Imagine, and if so approximately where it might be?
    2017 Imagine 2670MK
    2012 F-150 SCrew, Eco, 4x4 6.5 box
    Max. Tow, HD Payload, Airbags, ProPride hitch
    (Previous: Jayco 26.5RLS Fifth, Revolution Pinbox)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Trying to line up everything I might need for going to 2 6v. On my old Jayco 5th, Jayco put an in-line fuse on the charge lines going to the battery, from the WFCO converter. If the 6v were too deeply discharged, the current demand would blow the fuse. Dealer had me replace the fuse with an automatic circuit breaker, that would just reset itself and resume charging after things cooled down.
    Anyone know if there is a similar fuse in the Imagine, and if so approximately where it might be?
    The 12v outputs on the 55 amp WFCO are fused at the device with automotive blade type fuses.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went from 12 volt batteries to 6- 6 volt batteries and have had no problems with them over a year.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got 2 6V batteries and I've never seen more than 10 amps come out of the converter.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name