User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Antenna connection in Solitude Basement?

Group, I'm about to install a TV in the basement of our 2019 Solitude 310gk. I know there are TV connections in the Nautilus bay, as well as one on the door side of the basement. We are not cable/satellite people ... we just want to use the roof antenna, as we do for the TVs in the living room and bedroom. Will hooking up to either of these connections hook up to the roof antenna also? We just want to make sure I can hook up to and access the rooftop antenna with a TV in the basement. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JacknSusie; 03-03-2019 at 10:19 AM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Behind the Nautilus there should be a splitter, You should be able to hook in to it, oron the back side of the Nautilus.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On my 2018 310GK, just inside the curbside pass through door, on the rear wall is a 12V light, a 120v duplex outlet and two F (cable) connectors. See the upper left corner of the picture. One of F connectors is for the antenna and one is for the cable connection. Note that I have found many (all) of the internal cable and satellite connects are loose from the factory and gave very poor or intermittent connections until I tightened them up. I have not tried these connection in our trailer, but I have traced the wiring. On ours, Grand Design used black coaxial cable for the antenna connections and orange coaxial cable for the satellite. However, given some of the sloppy workmanship, I would not trust the color coding to be consistent.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180510_164107.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	18077

Also, there is a "signal booster" that should be turned on when using over the air broadcast (i.e antenna) and off when using cable. The signal booster switch in our trailer is in the cabinet above the TV (beside the radio). The button is hard to see, but right next the the connected cable. There is a small green light that will light when the signal booster is on.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9118.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	82.6 KB 
ID:	18078

Hope this helps
    Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-03-2019 at 06:04 PM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! What’s the wooden storage rack for? Table? How did you mount it? Saw a similar mod from a distance and thought I might do the same

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, it stores a 6' folding (plastic) table. I can not claim credit for the idea. I stole it from someone else on the forum. It screws onto the aluminum floor bracing. It is nice in that I can get the table in or out without having to unload anything from the basement. I have some foam on the basement door and placed the storage so when the door is closed it holds the table in place.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023