Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F150 Eco-Boost

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve7 View Post
    Hi Lloyd, Steve7 here. Maybe I’m missing something, but can you upgrade to a class V hitch on your truck in the place of the IV?
    Steve
    I haven't found any place that has a Class V hitch for the f150.
    The more I delve into this, the more I'm starting to think the 315 is not to be. I can see that the tongue weight could get away on a person very readily. Also, I'm just not real wild about towing 37ft. plus of tt. I wish the 295RL that I initially had my eye on wasn't so darn tall. I was talking with the dealer this morning. He was shocked when I told him I had went over to Pleasureland and measured it myself and came up with 12ft 3in. He told me Tony L. was going to be at his place tomorrow and they were going to have a talk about the situation. What really bothered him, and me, was the fact you can goggle up that 295RL and get specs that state 11ft. 9in. He told me he would get back to me after their talk. He said we'll see what we can do. I'm not holding my breath tho. You know darn well GD isn't going to build a special order for Lloyd. I just wish they would get their specs correct. I've spent a lot of time and energy on this. I seen 11' 9" - 12' - and now I found out it's really 12' 3".

I might end up keeping my old Cruiser for another season. Hate to do that tho. My wife is all excited about a new GD. Strike while the iron's hot!
    Last edited by Lloyd S; 03-05-2019 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd S View Post
    Steve
    I haven't found any place that has a Class V hitch for the f150.
    The more I delve into this, the more I'm starting to think the 315 is not to be. I can see that the tongue weight could get away on a person very readily. Also, I'm just not real wild about towing 37ft. plus of tt. I wish the 295RL that I initially had my eye on wasn't so darn tall. I was talking with the dealer this morning. He was shocked when I told him I had went over to Pleasureland and measured it myself and came up with 12ft 3in. He told me Tony L. was going to be at his place tomorrow and they were going to have a talk about the situation. What really bothered him, and me, was the fact you can goggle up that 295RL and get specs that state 11ft. 9in. He told me he would get back to me after their talk. He said we'll see what we can do. I'm not holding my breath tho. You know darn well GD isn't going to build a special order for Lloyd. I just wish they would get their specs correct. I've spent a lot of time and energy on this. I seen 11' 9" - 12' - and now I found out it's really 12' 3".

I might end up keeping my old Cruiser for another season. Hate to do that tho. My wife is all excited about a new GD. Strike while the iron's hot!
    Hey Lloyd, just thinking, any chance the one you measured has an optional ac, or something else that increased the height?
    Last edited by Steve7; 03-05-2019 at 06:39 PM.
    Steve & Sue (pups:Sky & Sierra) Gardnerville, Nv
    2017 Refelection 297RSTS
    2017 Ford 350 CC 4x4 Lariat Superduty 6.7, Long Bed

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve:
    There was only one AC, and that was the rear one. None in the BR. Another funny thing was, I was told either the vent pipe or the dome over the shower was suppose to be the high point. After measuring both of those points, I got to looking around and noticed the cover for the vent fan in the BR looked higher then anything. So I measured and sure enough that was the high point on the trailer.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So when you measured was it set up level on jacks? I would think sitting on the axles and hitched would make it a few inches lower. Maybe not enough , but lower all the same.
    Vickie & Charlie
    2019 310GK-R
    2020 RAM Longhorn DRW Cummins /Aisin

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was sitting on the show room floor. Inside, nice and warm. Can't get much better then that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123