User Tag List

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Low Voltage Error

Took the RV out this past weekend for the first trip of the season. I do a campground near the house and use this as my time to get everything ready for the season; lubricate, wash, wax, check all systems, etc..

All in all, things went well; I have had an issue with the metal braces that stabilize the skirting material, screws sheering or the brace itself just breaking. Seems I have to fix a couple of those each season.

Anyway. The one issue I had is with the Level Up system. Hooking and unhooking, the front legs raised/lowered just fine. Attempting to use the Auto level, the front legs lowered and then the system gave an audible beep and displayed a low voltage error. I plugged into shore power, tried again and received the same error. I went into manual mode and I was able to level with no issues.

I did not have a voltage meter with me, so couldn't check the battery.

Leaving the site, the front legs raised and lowered fine to hitch and unhitch again at my storage facility.

The battery did sit all winter and this was the first use. The trailer was plugged into the truck for about 45 minutes to get from storage to the campground.

Question is; does this sound like a battery issue? Water level was good, but I still haven't had a chance to put a meter on the battery; will try that next and hook the battery to a charger if needed. Pardon me for asking this before I test the battery, but I wanted to see if there were any other potential causes I should be preparing for in case the battery checks out ok. One of the challenges of storing the RV 20 minutes from home.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My money would be a bad battery. The level up system has a pretty large draw on the 12v system. Even on shore power, your converter is putting out 55A at the most and I dont think it can handle a constant load like the leveling system. The leveling system and slides need a good battery to work properly whether on shore power or not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check your ground wires. Make sure they're tight and clean.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing is check the battery. After setting for a few months ( in the cold ) it may be down, and just need a good charge.
    2012 Chevy 3500 DRW DURAMAX
    2016 Momentum 397th
    TOY 2013 800 RZR LE

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thing to check is hydraulic fluid level, you need to do that while hitched to the truck with slides in and all jacks retracted.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your battery was connected to your trailer and not charged all winter, it was probably extremely discharged from running detectors. 45 minutes on the truck wouldn't have made much progress recharging.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have their panel just not turn on at all? We had to manually switch the slide out buttons in the panel to switch to work the levels!
    Our Setup
    2018.5 Solitude 310-GK
    2012 Ford F-450

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our Level Up system you can use the arrows to navigate the menu. One of the menu items displays the Level Up system’s reading of the voltage on the 12v bus. It can serve in a pinch when a multimeter isn’t handy. Of course the voltage is displayed only when the system is not actively leveling.

Obviously a voltmeter across the battery terminals while the system is operating is ideal. As batteries age (including if not properly maintained), their internal resistance increases causing the output voltage to drop significantly under heavy loads.
    Last edited by Luv2Ski; 04-07-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keebler

What was the verdict on your Low Voltage Error...?
    🏔 2 🏖

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM 2500 CTD View Post
    Keebler

What was the verdict on your Low Voltage Error...?
    Put in a new battery; problem solved.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS