User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RV parks in Tucson

Hello all, my wife and I are moving out west in our RV with our 2 1/2 year old. We are looking at for a RV park that we can stay in while we are in Tucson for a couple months at a time, unfortunately this means we will be spending some summer months there. After doing some digging The Prince of Tucson and Back Forty are high on my list, they offer year rates at a reasonable amount and have a pool. The KOA has year long rates an excellent looking park with a pool for the kid but they want an arm and a leg. If anyone has stayed at these parks or knows of another one that would be better please let me know.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We like Justin's Diamond J's on the Ajo highway.

Red
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We usually stay at the South Forty on Orange Grove, It is a little tight but clean and a good staff. The KOA by the airport is massive, clean and pricey,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are at Justin’s Diamond J right now. Just came in yesterday for a couple months. As far as the run of the mill RV Park goes it doesn’t seem too bad. The sites are not crammed in slide to slide. They did allow us to stay with our two kids even though they are 55+, and as the owner put it she did us a favor and gave us a nice private site with lots of space for the kids. Granted we are basically in the RV storage area, but the options elsewhere we could do with kids was limited around here and the KOA was insane with their monthly rate. It’s $629 here and that’s electric included.
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for all the great information, we plan on giving South Forty a go while we stay in the Tucson area!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are currently in Rencon West. It has a lot stuff to do in the park but the site we are in is a little tight.

Yearly = 5560
    3 months = 2280
    monthly = 795

I wish I was going to be here longer since they have a wood shop that free to use and my wife want to do the pottery and make a stain glass window and jewelry shops. We missed the beer tasting yesterday.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 03-13-2019 at 12:10 PM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the feedback on parks unfortanly most of the parks do not allow childeren. I have recently retired from the military, my wife, son and I are going to give full timing a go. We will be spending a good deal of time in Tucson and we are still on the hunt for a FAMILY friendly RV park. We would like a long term spot possibly a year, thanks again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Willb0856 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback on parks unfortanly most of the parks do not allow childeren. I have recently retired from the military, my wife, son and I are going to give full timing a go. We will be spending a good deal of time in Tucson and we are still on the hunt for a FAMILY friendly RV park. We would like a long term spot possibly a year, thanks again.
    That was the same issue we were having finding a spot in AZ. Diamond J let us stay and there is another family a few spots down with kids about the same age as well. Did have to sign something saying we were responsible for them because of all the cactus everywhere, not that we look at that any other way regardless. It’s a desert. There’s cactus. So far no ones had an issue, they even made sure they got ice cream and cookies when I went to the office the other day to ask a question. So much for the walk being to burn some energy from being cooped up in the rain!
    Chris and Karen - currently on the coast of the Olympic Peninsula

Roaming the country full time with our 2018 312BHTS Reflection behind a 2016 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins and two preschoolers who are highly addicted to camping.

Follow our adventures @brownsignjunkies