User Tag List

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After market extended warranty (service agreement) on the truck?

I bought my 2014 F-350, Lariat, Longbed, Crewcab, FX-4, Dually used from a private party. Have 99,960 miles on it and I think it's time to think about an extended warranty (service agreement). I've talked with a couple of you about it but does anybody else have any first hand experience with any of these companies that you'd like to share......good or bad?

With all of the electronics, touch screen, etc. I'd kind of like to think about a bumper to bumper (I know they don't cover normal wear items) but at least the drive train.

Thanks in advance.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Seasoned Camper Dreamin' Dreamers's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JCZhome: Your going to want to study in detail all of the fine print of coverages of plans offered by several companies. Decide if you are only interested in just drive train coverage, or you want it to cover your electronics too. Be aware that the cause of failure is the determining factor as to weather the warranty company denies a claim or not. Make sure you have seal and gasket coverage, period. If a small O-ring fails, and starves the turbo of fluid and it bakes its self, and you don't have s & g coverage, its your baby$! Same goes for any system that has fluids as part of its operation. A/C anyone???
    Yes, I worked in that field for a few years. We WERE NOT out to deny everything. We were there to administrate the CONTRACT as written and agreed upon by the customer who purchased it. You bought a "high" mileage vehicle. Unless you have every single piece of maintenance history on it you could run into lack of maintenance claim denial issues later.j This is not health care with pre-existing coverage. Yes, they send out inspectors to verify cause of failure, damages, and maintenance history. Would I buy an extended warranty? I just purchased a '19 F-350, and before it has 12/12,000 on it Im buying the most high fallutin' Ford extended warranty I can. But there is a huge difference between manufacturer based extended warranties, and the aftermarket ones you are going to have to shop for. IMHO.

DD.
    Duane, Mary Jo, and Milo the dog = Full Timers.
    2019 Ford F-350 Super Duty Lariat 4x4 6.7 psd
    2019 GD Momentum 351M
    2016 BMW R1200 GS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The extended warranty on our TV has paid for itself but that might be unusual. The policy had pretty extensive coverage but didn't hit everything and especially some failures that are common. It didn't cover filters (think DPF) and it didn't cover sensors. We lost a $75 sensor in Oregon and labor was $500 for the install. None of that covered. It did cover a leaking radiator and A/C condenser but an extra day was added to the dealer stay because the warranty company wanted to check the front of the truck for collision damage as the radiator and condenser failed at the same time. All of the $2300 for that was covered less deductible. About $1200 of front suspension/steering parts was covered but an $1100 EGR valve was not covered. So check the contract carefully especially for sensors because a sensor failure can stop your truck dead and can be expensive to replace and were not covered.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I bought my 2014 F-350, Lariat, Longbed, Crewcab, FX-4, Dually used from a private party. Have 99,960 miles on it and I think it's time to think about an extended warranty (service agreement). I've talked with a couple of you about it but does anybody else have any first hand experience with any of these companies that you'd like to share......good or bad?

With all of the electronics, touch screen, etc. I'd kind of like to think about a bumper to bumper (I know they don't cover normal wear items) but at least the drive train.

Thanks in advance.
    get ahold of my guy:Mark May 225-939-1552

i took my original extended warranty that i paid for and copied and pasted items i wanted added to my 3rd part warranty, 10 yrs unlimited mileage warranty for around 2k....but my truck was brand new but u can always call and ask him yourself what he can and will cover, he also does rv's towables tec...

you can haggle as well, add stuff from an original bumper to bumper and tell them you need certain items covered....doesnt hurt to try and haggle

hell i even haggled to have emmissions covered for this new ram i have....
    Last edited by j2048b; 03-11-2019 at 12:59 PM.