User Tag List

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Water Leak at quick connect on FloJet pump

I replaced the o ring and it still leaks. Removed the pump and cleaned the socket the quick connect plugs into, still leaks. This is on the outlet side of the pump so it has pressure from the city water causing the leak. I have a regulator set at 40 PSI. I installed a valve so I can shut off the water going to the quick connect. Anybody have any ideas?

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not familiar with a quick connect on the water pump, could you post some pictures for reference to give everyone a better idea of what you're working with?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the inlet and outlet uses 1/2" plastic parts with an o ring on one end and threaded fitting on the other. Pic attachedAttachment 18167Attachment 18168

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting setup. Have you removed and thoroughly inspected or consider replacing the o-rings? Also, look at the female connection seating surface for any debris stuck in there.

I looked up the pump and it seems the threaded part goes into the pump. If this is correct, you could always ditch the quick disconnect fittings and purchase a threaded/pex fitting for a leak proof connection. One word of caution, if GD used the flexible hose vice actual pex tubing, you might want to replace that line with actual pex if you decide to replace the fittings.

There are numerous reports of that flex hose leaking due to the ID of the flex hose being slightly larger than the OD of the pex fitting. I expieranced this myself with leaks on some of the hot water connections.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 03-09-2019 at 04:59 AM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at the pump I see that the fittings just slide into each port and then the fingers slide into the groove of the fitting for retention. The O-ring does the sealing. If there is no debris in the female side, and O-rings are new and clean as well this should work.
    Is it leaking out of the pump or out of the threaded part of the fitting?
    Another thing to maybe try is a tiny bit of Vaseline on the O-Ring to keep it moist and help seal.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot on the web about using Vaseline on o-rings verses using o-ring grease which can be purchased at most hardware stores. I have always went with the o-ring grease which is waterproof and good to have around the house for sink repair. Most articles indicate that petroleum grease will eventually degrade the rubber. Silicone is preferred. Hope this helps.

EddieNVa

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the silicone plumbing grease; still leaks at the area where the plastic fitting plugs into the pump. Poor design, cheap pump, higher end pumps have the threaded fittings molded in the pump housing. I ordered a new fitting, I'll try that. In the mean time the valve works, just have to turn it on when dry camping.