Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

question on coiled outside water line hookup 2500rl

We got back from a initial trip to the Keys last month. Purchased this 2019 2500rl new in Nov 2018.

We have a hookup for the coiled water hose on front and one with h/c water in the storage area. I hardly ever used this function on our previous TT but it is hndy on occasion. I decided to test it during our trip. Could not get the coupling to plug in in either location. I actually thought at first I had the hose from our previous TT and it was the wrong size.

Anyway, One day I was reading a thread on this site that said you had to have no pressure on for a proper hookup. Well, that made sense so I tried it and the outside hook up on the front worked as designed. THANKS for whoever posted that info.

Problem is the hookup in the storage area ( with h/c handles ) will still not work. There is even a little tag on the hook up that says you may have to tap the " plug" with a screwdriver to free it. I gently tried this with no results. Afraid to whack it too hard. Don't want to break something as it is still under warranty.

Anyone else dealt with this? Suggestions?

Thanks

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I have done is make sure the h/c valves are off, then you will need to carefully push in on the inside middle of the quick connect to relieve the pressure, caution you may get a little wet , stand off to side when doing this. Also when not in use keep valves turned off , if left on the hot and cold will mix and you will have cold or warm water inside camper faucets , been there done that.

Brian