User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should definitely be able to make a deal. Our dealer didn’t have the unit we wanted in stock but we were still able to negotiate a very good price on the order I placed.
    2019 31MB
    2004 Dodge 2500 5.9
    2015 Jeep 4 door
    1998 Mustang 5.3l turbo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Call me a fool then...

You don't need an invoice to know pricing.

All dealers have dealer cost sheets. All dealers have freight costs. All dealers have PDI and prep costs.

When you know those 3 things, it is easy to figure out what an actual dealer cost is on any unit.

It is impossible to stock every model of every brand you carry.
    I wasn't talking to you in the first place. Sorry if you took it that I was. I am not surprised, at all, that a salesperson would need to verify information on a unit they don't have in stock to make a "Big Sale" deal.

Again, poor choice of words on my part no matter who it was directed at. I guess I have much different expectations of an industry that's come back from the dead in the last several years.
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insults aside, i'm no fool and I think i understand this pretty well. But thanks anyway.

Being in the market for a 380FL you will find that there are almost none on the lots, yet folks are buying them. Based on your thought process, thats not possible. MSRP is set by GD based on options, the dealer knows what level of discount they are going to give. This is especially true since most of these dealers have ordered units coming to them.

Another dealer, with none on the lot, just put together an offer on a 380FL for me. Seems this dealer understand the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid1 View Post
    Only a fool would make a deal without an invoice on the vehicle they are dealing on...and if they don't have one, how would they have an invoice? Even a ballpark deal would/should be subject to an actual vehicle invoice. Not sure what you were expecting but doesn't sound like you understand the process very well.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't talking to you in the first place. Sorry if you took it that I was. I am not surprised, at all, that a salesperson would need to verify information on a unit they don't have in stock to make a "Big Sale" deal.

Again, poor choice of words on my part no matter who it was directed at. I guess I have much different expectations of an industry that's come back from the dead in the last several years.
    I never said salesperson. He did what they all do, took it to the head person in some distant office, left us for a good 10 minutes. So I'd assume someone above his paygrade gave him that answer.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piddlers View Post
    I have not been to Lazy Days in Knoxville but can tell you from our personal experience that we bought a unit from Cookeville RV for less than what Lazy Days offered.
    Cookville RV was happy to put together a deal, just got it today. Do you live in Knoxville? Where do you plan to service your unit?
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burgpath View Post
    Cookville RV was happy to put together a deal, just got it today. Do you live in Knoxville? Where do you plan to service your unit?
    We are actually two hours West of Cookeville. We visited their facility twice, was very pleased with our sales person, and was more than happy with their offer on our trade in. We will use them for service.

We saw units from Lazy Days Knoxville at the RV Show. There was one unit that we were really interested in. Talked to their Rep and he gave us the "show price". We researched the Internet for the unit to compare pricing and found info regarding Cookeville RV.

Went to Cookeville RV and their "Lot" price was lower than the other "show price". While I realize we know nothing about either facilities service departments we made our decision based on the lower price and the friendliness & knowledge of the staff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dealer’s lot location doesn’t change (in respect to mileage from factory), so they know the transportation distance from factory to dealer, hence shipping costs (will vary slightly based on fuel, but close enough to get a manageable number).

If this was a factory “big sale” the factory would have given them special baseline pricing for each model in the sale. i.e. GDRV offers the 380FL special pricing of $xx,xxx. Dealer then adds in options off the deal sheet. If it wasn’t a factory “big sale” then the sales manager “should” have done his homework BEFOREHAND so that the day of the “big sale” the sales people would be busY writing orders all day instead of standing around waiting for 10 minutes at a time for the manager to make a phone call. Multiply that 10 minutes times the number of customers each sales person has to deal with and that’s lost potential revenue.

Fire the sales manager.
    Last edited by jim1521; 03-11-2019 at 08:48 PM.
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 313RLTS
    2020 Riverstone 39FK
    2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7L Powerstroke Lariat 2WD DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    West of Cookville puts you near Nashville. This dealer beat out dealers in Nashville? Wow. So far, they are beating the quote I have from NorthGate RV as well.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burgpath View Post
    Insults aside, i'm no fool and I think i understand this pretty well. But thanks anyway.

Being in the market for a 380FL you will find that there are almost none on the lots, yet folks are buying them. Based on your thought process, thats not possible. MSRP is set by GD based on options, the dealer knows what level of discount they are going to give. This is especially true since most of these dealers have ordered units coming to them.

Another dealer, with none on the lot, just put together an offer on a 380FL for me. Seems this dealer understand the process.
    Be sure and let us know how that goes huh?
    2018 Reflection 303RLS
    2006 Chev 2500HD Duramax CC/SB/4X4
    Superglide2700 Bakflip F1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be sure and let us know how that goes huh?
    Sure will.
    Waiting on final offers from both dealers now.
    The 2 do not include Lazy Days. They have declined to meet my offer and didnt want to counter. Northgate RV and Cookeville RV, neither having a unit on the ground, are negotiating.
    Last edited by burgpath; 03-12-2019 at 07:39 PM.
    Kevin
    2019 Ford F350 DRW
    2020 Solitude 380FL-R

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast