Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    https://www.pleasurelandrv.com/produ...-31mb-999006-5

Here is a 31MB advertised with the 12 foot fridge. I is also listed on the GD website as an option.
    Maybe worth checking into.

Brian
    Brian:
    Take a look at the pics inside. I think that is the 8 cu fridge. The 12 cu is a 2 door, am I right?
    I hope you are correct though. It would make an easier decision if it indeed was an option.
    I’ve seen several of these at dealers and rv shows and have yet to see a 12 cu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    Brian:
    Take a look at the pics inside. I think that is the 8 cu fridge. The 12 cu is a 2 door, am I right?
    I hope you are correct though. It would make an easier decision if it indeed was an option.
    I’ve seen several of these at dealers and rv shows and have yet to see a 12 cu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Steve--can you help with this question? So you don't have to read the whole thread--will a 12CU refrigerator fit in a 31MB? Grand Design lists it as an option but forum members haven't actually seen one in a unit.

If it is available, what is given up so it will fit? (The 8 CU is in a slide so the speculation is it's not a simple replacement with dummy paneling removal.)

TIA!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I found the 290BH at a show a year ago and we both loved it. The bunks were great for what we needed and had lots more storage. We were planning on buying one this year at the show but ended up buying a used 323BHS a month before the show. Its a lot larger unit and has more storage.

When we looked at the 2019 290 we did notice a lack of drawers over the previous year which turned us off. We now have 3 kids and storage has always been our issue. We were always moving backpacks and activities back and forth from the bunks to the dinette in our last trailer. From my perspective the storage is more necessary than a fireplace with kids. If you want the electric heat go buy a small space heater. I do agree that the 28BH bunks are not as nice. There is not much room for the kids to have their own space on rainy days. If you need more fridge space you could always use a cooler. We would put drinks in the cooler and food in the fridge.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    That is exactly where we stand, hate the bunk room in the 28 but love the fridge. You are correct, there is no room for a 12cu fridge in the 31MB since it is in the slideout. That is why we put the 31MB on the bottom of the list, same fridge as the 150 series but about $10k more. We haven't decided for sure yet but the small refrigerator is a major strike against the 31MB for us.

It's funny how everyone is different. I love the bunk room in the 28BH and hate the giant fridge. It takes forever to cool down (it is turned off while in storage) and it is way too big for our little weekend trips. I never would have expected this, but most of the time we just use the outside fridge for everything we really need cold. If you're camping for three days or more, then the 12 cft fridge starts to have some appeal. I'd be happy if they used the 8 cft fridge and took the extra width off the overall length of the trailer.
    2017 F-350 CCSB 6.7L
    2021 Micro Minnie 2100BH
    previously - Reflection 28BH, Intech Pursue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we finally decided on the 290BH, they had a leftover 2018 with the drawers vs the fireplace so I signed the papers this afternoon. It was a tough call vs the 31MB but the price was right for the leftover & it had a second AC from the factory. So I lost auto level & gained a second AC, not exactly equal but I’ve been manually leveling for years so I figured why not.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    Well we finally decided on the 290BH, they had a leftover 2018 with the drawers vs the fireplace so I signed the papers this afternoon. It was a tough call vs the 31MB but the price was right for the leftover & it had a second AC from the factory. So I lost auto level & gained a second AC, not exactly equal but I’ve been manually leveling for years so I figured why not.
    Great news for you, good decision for the family I bet. The auto level is nice but not the reason we bought what we have. Same as you , leveling with wood blocks for years.
    You got the more storage less fire place too.
    Will watch for the after pick up report.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    My wife and I found the 290BH at a show a year ago and we both loved it. The bunks were great for what we needed and had lots more storage. We were planning on buying one this year at the show but ended up buying a used 323BHS a month before the show. Its a lot larger unit and has more storage.

When we looked at the 2019 290 we did notice a lack of drawers over the previous year which turned us off. We now have 3 kids and storage has always been our issue. We were always moving backpacks and activities back and forth from the bunks to the dinette in our last trailer. From my perspective the storage is more necessary than a fireplace with kids. If you want the electric heat go buy a small space heater. I do agree that the 28BH bunks are not as nice. There is not much room for the kids to have their own space on rainy days. If you need more fridge space you could always use a cooler. We would put drinks in the cooler and food in the fridge.
    We snoozed & missed out on a 323BHS which would have been perfect for us. The dealership listed it & I called that day to inquire. They suggested that I leave a deposit over the phone so I had first refusal, seeing how nothing had sold in the last 5 weeks since I started looking I declined. Sure enough two days later it was sold, that stung, figuring it would leave me in a bad spot to negotiate the sale made me miss out. Oh well, now we own a 290BH, I’m sure I’ll have some regret but that will go away with time, life’s too short! Fortunately we ended up with a 2018 at a great price so we have a little more storage & it’s brand new for about the same price as the used 323.
    Last edited by Fishwater; 03-12-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 290BH & love it. I wanted the 28bh, the auto level would be some sweet action but I was over ruled due to our 14 year old son growing like a weed(5'10" so far) so the bunk in the 29bh is plenty long using part of the bed that goes around the corner. Ours in a 2019 but didn't have the fireplace, I'd rather have the storage, there is a campfire right outside the door! The outside fridge is small so I added another one in the compartment that goes all the way through. It was a tight fit but it worked & there is an outlet right there. The pivoting hitch is nice too, all the benefits of a 5er but kinda backs up like a bumper pull. Hooking up is kinda hard sometimes but it pulls like a dream compared to our old 35' bumper pull.
    I
    d like to know how well the second A/C works, I'm thinking about adding one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBob View Post
    We have a 290BH & love it. I wanted the 28bh, the auto level would be some sweet action but I was over ruled due to our 14 year old son growing like a weed(5'10" so far) so the bunk in the 29bh is plenty long using part of the bed that goes around the corner. Ours in a 2019 but didn't have the fireplace, I'd rather have the storage, there is a campfire right outside the door! The outside fridge is small so I added another one in the compartment that goes all the way through. It was a tight fit but it worked & there is an outlet right there. The pivoting hitch is nice too, all the benefits of a 5er but kinda backs up like a bumper pull. Hooking up is kinda hard sometimes but it pulls like a dream compared to our old 35' bumper pull.
    I
    d like to know how well the second A/C works, I'm thinking about adding one.
    Yep, I was out voted too as far as the 28BH due to the bunk room. I still think I should have fought a little harder since the bathroom is bigger, more storage & auto level vs the 290 but oh well. It’s funny but I don’t see many 290BH owners around here, doesn’t seem like it’s a popular floor plan for whatever reason but I think the back bedroom is about as good as it gets for kids without a bump out.

Thanks for the encouragement on the pivoting hitch, looks like I need to change my hitch choice to make it work.

I’ll be sure to update this thread once I use the second AC, I’m pretty excited for it even though my family is dreading it. They all complain that I keep the camper too cold as it is with one AC, two should be about perfect for my tastes!
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also thinking of adding a second refrigerator, maybe a 3.3cu like my current trailer. I can keep it next to the door for travel & then set it on a stand outside like I did with our old camper, then possibly removing the 1.6cu so I can turn that to storage with a couple of shelves? Still haven’t decided until I get it home & really spend time looking at the space to see if it makes sense.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast