User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

290BH Storage Concerns?

We are considering the 290BH (or the 31MB) & my wife who is in charge of inside storage caught the fact that the 2019's lost six drawers when they added the fireplace. We have a good deal currently on a 2018 although I am concerned that it has sat on the dealers lot for at least year & we have an even better deal on a 2019 from a different dealer so it's a tough decision. My question is for current owners on to where they have something as simple as a silverware drawer? Seems the most basic of things but also seems to be something that is missing in the 290BH.

There are six larger drawers on the 2018, one could obviously be the silverware drawer but it is a large drawer so you'd have other items in with it which is fine. The 2019 gets rid of the six drawers due to the fireplace. It adds one long drawer over the fireplace & two skinny cabinets on the side which to us seems really light on storage? Yes, there is the overhead storage over the pull out couch & counter but is that it?

Finally, I don't see that there are many owners of the 290 BH? Seems like a great back bedroom to us, the only thing better (for me) would be the 28BH with the 290BH bedroom & all the other 28BH features like auto level, etc. A man can dream right?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fishwater

Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place for answers . The only problem is sometimes the answers add to the confusion.
    If you camp in the cold the fireplace might be nice, sometimes they do not work well and there is lots of discussions on that here.
    Storage is a big concern in an RV, maybe spend some more time in them and see what jumps out to you as a good fit.
    Not having the fireplace in either one would definitely add more storage, a plus being as it is close to the kitchen.

You could even go to the big Solitude bunk house, that for sure would give you lots of room.
    Good luck

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    We are considering the 290BH (or the 31MB) & my wife who is in charge of inside storage caught the fact that the 2019's lost six drawers when they added the fireplace. We have a good deal currently on a 2018 although I am concerned that it has sat on the dealers lot for at least year & we have an even better deal on a 2019 from a different dealer so it's a tough decision. My question is for current owners on to where they have something as simple as a silverware drawer? Seems the most basic of things but also seems to be something that is missing in the 290BH.

There are six larger drawers on the 2018, one could obviously be the silverware drawer but it is a large drawer so you'd have other items in with it which is fine. The 2019 gets rid of the six drawers due to the fireplace. It adds one long drawer over the fireplace & two skinny cabinets on the side which to us seems really light on storage? Yes, there is the overhead storage over the pull out couch & counter but is that it?

Finally, I don't see that there are many owners of the 290 BH? Seems like a great back bedroom to us, the only thing better (for me) would be the 28BH with the 290BH bedroom & all the other 28BH features like auto level, etc. A man can dream right?
    First--welcome to the forum!

What caught my eye is
    1) 28BH has a 12CU refrigerator. With a family I think the DW will appreciate that room (over the standard 8CU in the other two models). 12CU is optional on the 31MB.

2) 28BH has a lot more counter space than either of the other two. Also a DW consideration?

3) 28BH has an 84" dinette vs an 80" in the 290BH. Not sure if that makes a difference.

GVWRs are comparable, so not much to talk about there. (What are you using for a TV?) Check out this thread if there's any doubt: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability

Good luck with the hunt!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post

What caught my eye is
    1) 28BH has a 12CU refrigerator. With a family I think the DW will appreciate that room (over the standard 8CU in the other two models). 12CU is optional on the 31MB.

2) 28BH has a lot more counter space than either of the other two. Also a DW consideration?

3) 28BH has an 84" dinette vs an 80" in the 290BH. Not sure if that makes a difference.

GVWRs are comparable, so not much to talk about there. (What are you using for a TV?) Check out this thread if there's any doubt: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability

Good luck with the hunt!
    Yes, I agree the 28BH has that awesome bigger refrigerator but the back bunk set up doesn't work as well as the 290 for our family.

As far as towing we have a 2015 F-350 diesel with 3600lbs of payload, which was not on accident when I purchased it. I lived through payload disappointment with my previous Ram with our current travel trailer & made sure it wasn't going to be an issue again.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Fishwater

Welcome to the forum, you came to the right place for answers . The only problem is sometimes the answers add to the confusion.
    If you camp in the cold the fireplace might be nice, sometimes they do not work well and there is lots of discussions on that here.
    Storage is a big concern in an RV, maybe spend some more time in them and see what jumps out to you as a good fit.
    Not having the fireplace in either one would definitely add more storage, a plus being as it is close to the kitchen.

You could even go to the big Solitude bunk house, that for sure would give you lots of room.
    Good luck

Brian
    Thank you, this is our fourth camper so I let my wife focus on the indoor storage aspects & she doesn't miss a beat where I'm always focused on construction quality. That Solitude is beautiful but I kind of enjoy other silly things like living & breathing, ha!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post

What caught my eye is

Good luck with the hunt!
    I don’t think the 12cu fridge is optional on the 31 mb because it’s on a slideout. ( please point me to a link if it is but have yet to see it on anything from GD.) That’s an issue for me but my DW hates the bunks on the 28 bh. It would make the decision easier if the 31 mb had the larger fridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    I don’t think the 12cu fridge is optional on the 31 mb because it’s on a slideout. ( please point me to a link if it is but have yet to see it on anything from GD.) That’s an issue for me but my DW hates the bunks on the 28 bh. It would make the decision easier if the 31 mb had the larger fridge.

That is exactly where we stand, hate the bunk room in the 28 but love the fridge. You are correct, there is no room for a 12cu fridge in the 31MB since it is in the slideout. That is why we put the 31MB on the bottom of the list, same fridge as the 150 series but about $10k more. We haven't decided for sure yet but the small refrigerator is a major strike against the 31MB for us.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    That is exactly where we stand, hate the bunk room in the 28 but love the fridge. You are correct, there is no room for a 12cu fridge in the 31MB since it is in the slideout. That is why we put the 31MB on the bottom of the list, same fridge as the 150 series but about $10k more. We haven't decided for sure yet but the small refrigerator is a major strike against the 31MB for us.
    I have emailed GD asking for verification about that but I’m 99% sure the slideout issue will negate that.
    Also asked GD if a 28 bh can be ordered without the bunks. I’m positive that there are bunks out there ( bottom full size with twin bed as top bunk) that would fit that floor space.)
    Problem is those bunks are steel and there may not be a literal floor to walk on or could support the weight of a conventional bed so that’s probably out of the question as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLTom52 View Post
    I have emailed GD asking for verification about that but I’m 99% sure the slideout issue will negate that.
    Also asked GD if a 28 bh can be ordered without the bunks. I’m positive that there are bunks out there ( bottom full size with twin bed as top bunk) that would fit that floor space.)
    Problem is those bunks are steel and there may not be a literal floor to walk on or could support the weight of a conventional bed so that’s probably out of the question as well.

Sitting in the unit for an hour on Saturday I tried to visualize how they'd fit a larger refrigerator in there & to my eyes the stove/oven/microwave would need to move over & you'd loose the drawer/cabinet next to the stove.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.pleasurelandrv.com/produ...-31mb-999006-5

Here is a 31MB advertised with the 12 foot fridge. I is also listed on the GD website as an option.
    Maybe worth checking into.

Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast