User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I also thinking of adding a second refrigerator, maybe a 3.3cu like my current trailer. I can keep it next to the door for travel & then set it on a stand outside like I did with our old camper, then possibly removing the 1.6cu so I can turn that to storage with a couple of shelves? Still haven’t decided until I get it home & really spend time looking at the space to see if it makes sense.
    I added the second A/C, this weekend will be the first time out with it, upper 70's so it won't be a true test but i'm not worried. I'll send you a pic of my 3rd fridge(2nd outside fridge), when I get a chance. One is for water & the other is for beer & the inside one is for stuff we don't need!(ha ha), works pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 290 BH came with a second AC, it's my first trip out & I have both AC's pumping. Unfortunately it's raining sideways & currently 54 degree's, maybe I should turn the heat on....sigh....

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is the 290BH working for you? My family and I are trying to decide right now between a 28BH and 290BH. both 2020's. Leaning toward the 28BH.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelab View Post
    How is the 290BH working for you? My family and I are trying to decide right now between a 28BH and 290BH. both 2020's. Leaning toward the 28BH.
    I have a 290BH and my $0.02, get the 28BH. We kick ourselves we didn't. We do love our 290 but if we could do it over we would go with the 28BH. And the 2020 28BH looks like they have resolved the weird storage arrangements our 290 has.
    2021 RAM 3500 DRW 6.7 HO Cummins
    2021 Solitude 3550BH-R w/factory solar

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNerd View Post
    I have a 290BH and my $0.02, get the 28BH. We kick ourselves we didn't. We do love our 290 but if we could do it over we would go with the 28BH. And the 2020 28BH looks like they have resolved the weird storage arrangements our 290 has.
    Thanks for the reply. Can you expand on why?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 290, when we bought it the 28BH had the small back bedroom, now it has the same bedroom. It’s a tough call because I wanted the auto level, other than that I love the 290. Note, our is the 2018 so we don’t have the fireplace, instead we have more storage which we love. FWIW, we have plenty of room, it might have been a little tighter if we had the fireplace.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jakelab View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Can you expand on why?
    In the BH, where the deep shelves are left of the "dresser", our 290 has a ladder and then some storage that is only accessible from the lower bunk. Kind of hidden and a pain to get too to really be usable. The new setup with the deep shelves that double as the ladder seem a little more convenient and more useful.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNerd View Post
    In the BH, where the deep shelves are left of the "dresser", our 290 has a ladder and then some storage that is only accessible from the lower bunk. Kind of hidden and a pain to get too to really be usable. The new setup with the deep shelves that double as the ladder seem a little more convenient and more useful.
    Thanks for the reply. appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what's funny is that my kids love that little storage cubby because they can reach it from bed, they use for their devices, drinks, etc. Different strokes for sure!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    And what's funny is that my kids love that little storage cubby because they can reach it from bed, they use for their devices, drinks, etc. Different strokes for sure!
    Our twins love it, still small enough to crawl in there and hide when in trouble...then we have to basically get in the bunk to get them out. I'm sure they will find it useful as they get bigger as yours do! Nothing wrong with either variation of cabinetry as everyone finds it useful in their own way.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123