User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic Refrigerator doesn’t work but all fuses are good

The control panel lights are off and the lights inside the fridge are off but the fuses are fine. Any idea what’s up? It was working fine on both ele and gas before I left. When I got to my destination it wasn’t working. It’s a DM2662
    Last edited by Opamickey; 03-11-2019 at 11:03 AM.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Any chance that your battery disconnect switch got accidentally turned off? Do you have battery voltage?

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked that, the control panel stays dark even with the generator on. And yes the voltage is good. This frig seems to have two fuses on the back side and they were also good but I couldn’t detect any voltage in the wires running up to the control panel.
    Last edited by Opamickey; 03-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Opamickey View Post
    Checked that, the control panel stays dark even with the generator on. And yes the voltage is good. This frig seems to have two fuses on the back side and they were also good but I couldn’t detect any voltage in the wires running up to the control panel.
    Just to confirm. You checked the battery disconnect switch to make sure it was on? Next, open the main breaker box panel. There should be a bunch of breakers and fuses in that area. Make sure that the fuses are good.

I'm not sure what your understanding of the systems are, so bear with me. Even if you have shore power or the generator turned on, you will not have 12VDC current if the battery is disconnected. Your lights work on 12V, so if they are working, it rules out the disconnect switch.

Jim

Jim

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea thanks Jim, everything else in the camper works fine. I’ve even disconnected the battery and hooked it back after 15 minutes thinking there may be a preset like a computer but no such luck. It’s a fairly new camper and the fridge still has 6 weeks left on the warranty. So I’m probably going take it back and see if they can fix it. Thanks again!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The control panel lights are off and the lights inside the fridge are off but the fuses are fine. Any idea what’s up? It was working fine on both ele and gas before I left. When I got to my destination it wasn’t working. It’s a DM2662
    The RM1350 Diagnostic Manual says with a no operation - no panel lights symptom the cause is (in order?):
    Operation
    DC Volts
    Fuse
    Wiring
    Control Panel
    LED Display Board
    Lower Circuit Board

Assuming the RM1350 is similar to your refrig, you and Jim have covered the first three areas so it does sound like it's time for a repairman.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the back of fridge (outside panel) there is a black box with wiring and fuses. On mine it is on the right side looking at the back. It has a glass fuse and an automotive small blade fuse. I had no inside light and it ended up being the blade fuse. I think it was a 7 amp or something close. Just a thought.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim, on the model I have (DM2662), there is only the glass fuse in the black box. I went back several times to look for a second fuse but didn’t find one. The manual says something about pressing the on off button and holding for 5 seconds to reset things but also no luck. The way it went out I keep thinking it has to be something simple. My wife tells me I never see what’s right in front of me so I tend to go back several times to see what I’m missing.��

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Jim, on the model I have (DM2662), there is only the glass fuse in the black box. I went back several times to look for a second fuse but didn’t find one. The manual says something about pressing the on off button and holding for 5 seconds to reset things but also no luck. The way it went out I keep thinking it has to be something simple. My wife tells me I never see what’s right in front of me so I tend to go back several times to see what I’m missing.��
    There is usually a terminal block visible behind the fridge that has 12V on it. Measure that to be sure you have 12V.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lift up gently on the wires to make sure it is not just covered....i would think you would have that.....if you need me to i can take a pic of mine as a reference.....let me know..
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast