User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LV Naturist View Post
    Not only an extra long RV but also an extra long truck. Crew Cab Long Box makes me extra extra long.

John
    I have the same situation....cc, longbed pulling a triple axle Momentum. I had a similar experience just before we went full time. At the RV storage lot in San Diego, RVs packed in to tight for these long trailers and the triple axle just doesn't turn as quick. Rubbed up against the RV next to me....took out his awning and a few scratches....$2,800 damage to his RV and just the rear corner bead on my RV. I could not believe the damage to his unit and had to really look hard to find the couple little scratches up high on the corner plastic trim on my unit.

But, like you, learned a lesson and now if I'm within 4' on either side I ask Babe to get out and walk it.....especially if it's on my blind side.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tail swing - it happened to me

Pulled the trailer out to rinse off the ash from the fires here on the West coast. Photos show the damage from the tail swing which hit the rig parked next to ours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2074.jpeg   IMG_2070.jpeg   IMG_2068.jpg   IMG_2071.jpg  
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS
    2019 Ram 3500 SRW CTD 4wd

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel your pain. I was able to fix mine with just some touch up paint. looks like you'll need some trim pieces. any damage to the other rig?

John
    2018 Silverado LTZ 3500HD CC LB 4X4 DRW Duramax/Allison
    2019 Momentum 381M w/Full Body Paint
    2016 Can Am Spyder F3 Limited Special Series
    2017 Can Am Outlander 1000 XT-P
    2016 Wrangler Hard Rock Unlimited
    1997 Bayliner Capri 1950 affectionately named Skinnydipper
    MSgt, USAF (Ret)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by branog View Post
    Pulled the trailer out to rinse off the ash from the fires here on the West coast. Photos show the damage from the tail swing which hit the rig parked next to ours.
    Yes tail swing can be nasty. Sorry about you bad luck with it. I did much the same thing with my Rockwood years ago on one of those orange posts at the gas station. Needed a tight turn to get out and caught the post.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is so easy to do. Years ago stopped at a busy station and in a hurry. After gassing up had to make a sharp turn to be able to get out. Those poles are never up high enough to see them on the opposite side of car. Yep, put a couple of dents in the side of my van.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    Yes tail swing can be nasty. Sorry about you bad luck with it. I did much the same thing with my Rockwood years ago on one of those orange posts at the gas station. Needed a tight turn to get out and caught the post.

Rob
    IIRC those are called "bollards". I hit one with a Dodge van back in the '90s in Mississippi. Regards
    Ken & Margie
    2020 GD 337
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4
    B&W Companion

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for sharing. Just picked up a new Momentum 351. I am not new to towing, but have never had a 5th wheel and never such a tall rig. So many, many things to watch as we move these beasts from one place to another. I'm always watching those curbs when making a right hand turn so as not to hit them with the trailer tires. Swinging wide as carefully as possible. Tail swing is just another one of those things for me to worry about. Sure love it when we reach our destination, but sometimes getting there....and back out again is tough. Thank you for sharing and sorry for the incident.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Thank you for sharing. Just picked up a new Momentum 351. I am not new to towing, but have never had a 5th wheel and never such a tall rig. So many, many things to watch as we move these beasts from one place to another. I'm always watching those curbs when making a right hand turn so as not to hit them with the trailer tires. Swinging wide as carefully as possible. Tail swing is just another one of those things for me to worry about. Sure love it when we reach our destination, but sometimes getting there....and back out again is tough. Thank you for sharing and sorry for the incident.
    Dont forget to look UP and pay attention to those low clearance signs and gas station roofs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, this is by far the tallest trailer I've ever owned. We took measurements at a dealership before we bought because we have a 44' RV garage with a 14' door. With 3 ac units, it measures just shy of 13'6" tall. I now check my routes carefully before traveling to make sure there are no underpasses with lower clearance. Lot's to remember. I've been towing trailers for years and years. I still feel like a rookie with this one. Takes time and practice.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogrey View Post
    Thank you, this is by far the tallest trailer I've ever owned. We took measurements at a dealership before we bought because we have a 44' RV garage with a 14' door. With 3 ac units, it measures just shy of 13'6" tall. I now check my routes carefully before traveling to make sure there are no underpasses with lower clearance. Lot's to remember. I've been towing trailers for years and years. I still feel like a rookie with this one. Takes time and practice.
    Great app for your route planning - Sygic Truck. You can program in all of your parameters, and it'll route you clear of low overpasses, low rated bridges, etc.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast