User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Newbie--Advice on NJ Dealers, pls!

I am new to the site as well as Rving in general. I have only three dealers that carry the GD. Has anyone had any experience with Alpin Haus RV, Whitehorse Rv or Stolzfus RV dealers? TIA

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetiredTchrs View Post
    I am new to the site as well as Rving in general. I have only three dealers that carry the GD. Has anyone had any experience with Alpin Haus RV, Whitehorse Rv or Stolzfus RV dealers? TIA
    First, welcome to the forum!

To avoid accidentally "hijacking" the other thread I've moved your post to a new one so the conversation is focused on your question. Hopefully someone with knowledge related to your question will come along shortly.

Don't forget these RVs have wheels. (In other words, don't get boxed into a small geographical area. You might be surprised if you shop around.)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for moving the post. Though there are dealerships nationwide, we have decided to stay on the East coast the first year, the longest we've ever driven in 6hrs and have fur babies that will need to be bordered during PDI,and any visits to dealerships.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alpin Haus is just down the road from us and I have bought from them in the past. They are high on price and can be difficult to bargain with. Their service department sucks, I will never bring my rig there again.

We bought our Reflection from Schaeffer's RV in Shoemakersville, PA. Was a very good experience and they gave us a decent price right out of the blocks. Alpin Haus would not even come close even after dickering with them. They are not too far from you so you may want to give them a call.

Let's hope your RV does not end up in the shop so much that boarding your dogs becomes an issue!! Regardless, no matter where you buy from, you can take the RV to your local dealer for service.

DAN
    Last edited by TwoElkhounds; 03-11-2019 at 05:02 PM.
    2016 Reflection 323BHS
    2006 5.9L Ram Megacab

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also bought our Solitude from Schaffer's. Easy to deal with , no high pressure sales. Good size service department, and well stocked store. Lot of Grand Design rigs on the lot. Up until last year, Schaeffer's was Grand Design host at the Hershey RV show.
    Meyer's RV is also another to consider. They are in Bath NY and also recently opened up in Harrisburg area. They hosted Grand Design at the Hershey show this year.
    Where about in Jersey are you?
    Hopefully this may help you in your search.
    Safetravels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    John & Carol Joscelyne and Hexy
    Red 2014 Ford F-350 Platinum, SRW, CC, Short bed with roll-N-lock cover.
    With replacement 50 gallon TransferFlow fuel tank, Magnaflow air intake, Edge CT turner.
    Pullrite superglide fifth wheel hitch.
    2015 Grand Design 305RE Solitude, with slide out toppers, <new>Titan disc brakes and Goodyear "G" rated tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try calling Ansley Rv in Altoona PA, ask for Terry Bickel, the price may be worth the drive, tell him what price you are looking for
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joscelyne3 View Post
    We also bought our Solitude from Schaffer's. Easy to deal with , no high pressure sales. Good size service department, and well stocked store. Lot of Grand Design rigs on the lot. Up until last year, Schaeffer's was Grand Design host at the Hershey RV show.
    Meyer's RV is also another to consider. They are in Bath NY and also recently opened up in Harrisburg area. They hosted Grand Design at the Hershey show this year.
    Where about in Jersey are you?
    Hopefully this may help you in your search.
    Safetravels and good health.
    John Joscelyne
    Thanks for the suggestion, we are in NYC so we were looking closer to home. I will however look at
    Shaefers website.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestion, we are in NYC so we were looking closer to home. I will however look at
    Shaefers website.
    I recommend just calling Shaefers and Ansley and asking for a price that would make the trip worth while, then use that price for leverage in your local area for getting a better price
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update. I have contacted Meyers, Ansley and Shaffer. I am having them compete for my business. So far I have gotten one down to $25,900 w/o tax and tags but with the E2 bar included. Though I do not feel comfortable having to finance through their dealership to get the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update. I have contacted Meyers, Ansley and Shaffer. I am having them compete for my business. So far I have gotten one down to $25,900 w/o tax and tags but with the E2 bar included. Though I do not feel comfortable having to finance through their dealership to get the deal.
    Both dealers I financed through was through Bank of America, I tried the credit union route, but the dealers don't like giving invoice amount if they don't have an agreement with the lender
    Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast