User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Upcoming redo of the Nautilus Panel

Well, here is a view of the parts i should need! WOW.....

This doesn't include me doing the hot water connection done yesterday. Tighten up on connection, the next one that is weak starts to show its ugly head. Hose clamps on the soft hose/Pex fitting, not good......so any soft hose used for cold will have the Pex line to pex fitting into barbed fitting etc.....

will update when i can actually get to the project.

Jim H. The other Jim! LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pex connectors.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	18286
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    720w solar, 100/50 Victron scc

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am new to the control center set up but have read through many post on here of leaks and reworking the plumbing. Is there any reason that your going with plastic fitting rather than the brass fittings that would be less prone to cracking? I have done my entire house and helped others with PEX projects and have always used the brass other than in RO drinking water systems where they specifically say not to use metal. Just wondering if for longevity it would make more sense unless there is something I am not aware of.
    2019 Chevy 3500 CC SRW Duramax
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just built our new house using all pex with the uponor EP plastic fittings. I guess my thought was if I'm ok with using plastic pipe why not plastic fittings? I used the expander type connections.
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by camper1013 View Post
    I am new to the control center set up but have read through many post on here of leaks and reworking the plumbing. Is there any reason that your going with plastic fitting rather than the brass fittings that would be less prone to cracking? I have done my entire house and helped others with PEX projects and have always used the brass other than in RO drinking water systems where they specifically say not to use metal. Just wondering if for longevity it would make more sense unless there is something I am not aware of.
    Using brass for all hot connections and transition from Pex to soft hose.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Well, here is a view of the parts i should need! WOW.....

This doesn't include me doing the hot water connection done yesterday. Tighten up on connection, the next one that is weak starts to show its ugly head. Hose clamps on the soft hose/Pex fitting, not good......so any soft hose used for cold will have the Pex line to pex fitting into barbed fitting etc.....

will update when i can actually get to the project.

Jim H. The other Jim! LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pex connectors.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	18286
    I am definitely looking forward to reading your reports, Jim. Thanks for taking the time to show us what you're doing!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you guys know, not going for pretty like Rob did! Lol
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jims94vmx View Post
    Just so you guys know, not going for pretty like Rob did! Lol
    That's funny--whenever I do things I think, "dang, Rob's going to see this--is it good enough?" He sets a h-i-g-h standard (along with Poppy and several other amazingly talented forum members).
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    That's funny--whenever I do things I think, "dang, Rob's going to see this--is it good enough?" He sets a h-i-g-h standard (along with Poppy and several other amazingly talented forum members).
    I am just a mortal. And not patient.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got word yesterday they will reimburse me for the parts. That is great. I also asked for another panel so i can work on that while i still have mine hooked up. then swap them and i would have a panel for the next person who wants to do this.....did not hear back on this.

We are heading out in a couple weeks for our 1st Workamping gig at Black Bear CC in Floriday NY. Will have to do it sometime then. I put a better drip container behind the panel for the time being.....will update but could be a little while. Living full time and in cold climate makes it challenging.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did my P1 Nautilus panel yesterday.....

Put some pics and observations on this thread http://https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/showthread.php?22546&p=222959#post222959
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast