Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost Owner!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost Owner!

New to the forum and ordered Momentum 397TH last week and eagerly awaiting its arrival.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Reynolds View Post
    New to the forum and ordered Momentum 397TH last week and eagerly awaiting its arrival.
    Congratulations, Joe. If you have any questions, there's days and days of reading in the archives. If there's anything specific you're not sure of, please ask!

First place I'd suggest checking out is Pre-delivery Inspection checklists in the Reference Library. https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...rms-(Multiple)

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe

Congrats and welcome to the forum.

Brian

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! That's a sweet unit for sure although a big one. Please post some pictures of it and the rig you're towing it with. I'm considering the same model.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin: Don't have pictures of the unit yet! Just ordered 2 weeks ago with all options other than full body paint. I will be pulling with a rig similar to yours, 2015 Ram 3500 Texas Edition DRW Megacab, 6.7L Cummins with Aisin tranny, 3.73 gearing, and factory puck system. Plan to use my Anderson Ultimate at first, but may change to B&W Companion with slider. Also adding Air Lift 5000 rear air bags since I don't have factory rear air suspension. Probably gonna be a big difference since I currently pull a unit that has GVW of 9995 compared to the 20,000 of the 397!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe,
    My only regret with my truck is I didn't get the Aisin tranny but originally I was looking at the Reflection or Solitude line. Then I bought a SxS last summer I will be looking to change the gearing to 4:10's to increase the towing capacity. For the hitch I was thinking as you but I'm a little concerned about the high pin weight on the Andersen. I was also looking at the Ram factory hitch https://moparonlineparts.com/2500350...ch-p-6779.html. Any thoughts on it?

Regards,
    Kevin
    2015 Ram Laramie 3500 4x4 LB Dually Crew Cab
    6.7L I6 Cummins Turbo Diesel Engine 5th wheel Prep
    68RFE Transmission Auto Level Rear Air Suspension 3.73 gears

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allowed Pin weight on Anderson is 4500# and listed pin on 397 is 3300+ change. I have read the stories of Anderson failures, but haven't seen investigation findings. I'm comfortable with the ~1200# in reserve. Also read on their site that they have 5 million insurance policy. If I do have a failure that's not my fault, I certainly hope they step up and take care of it. I'm not familiar with a factory Ram hitch but will look at it. Only reason thinking of B&W is to gain the slider if cab clearance is too close for comfort!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looked at the Ram hitch! Looks suspiciously exavtly like a Curt Q20 which wouldn't surprise me! But quick internet search revealed better price from Dodge which surprises me! Probably research the Curt Q20 for specs.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Reynolds View Post
    Kevin: Don't have pictures of the unit yet! Just ordered 2 weeks ago with all options other than full body paint. I will be pulling with a rig similar to yours, 2015 Ram 3500 Texas Edition DRW Megacab, 6.7L Cummins with Aisin tranny, 3.73 gearing, and factory puck system. Plan to use my Anderson Ultimate at first, but may change to B&W Companion with slider. Also adding Air Lift 5000 rear air bags since I don't have factory rear air suspension. Probably gonna be a big difference since I currently pull a unit that has GVW of 9995 compared to the 20,000 of the 397!
    I towed with a 2016 Mega cab. Lost two rear windows. Man you have to be real careful....NO clearance. Slider works but is a pain....20K is a heavy weight.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	042.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	18311
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg  
    Last edited by phonemannn; 03-13-2019 at 11:00 AM.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm worried about! Was also thinking about the Pullrite. May I ask what you use currently?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast