User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    My pin weight averages about 1,600 lbs (18%).
    I have the 26’ Reflection 150 series GVWR is 8995.
    Pin weight is on the heavy side because we full time and have a lot of mods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ed,
    Your pin weight is on the light side. Fifth wheel pin weights typically run from 20% to 25%. Those lithium batteries are doing their job in saving on the tongue weight.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Ed,
    Your pin weight is on the light side. Fifth wheel pin weights typically run from 20% to 25%. Those lithium batteries are doing their job in saving on the tongue weight.
    Jim
    Others have also reported Reflection 150 Series 5th wheels with pin weight less than 20%. It seems that GDRV might be edging towards the truck manufacturers spec of 15% for 5th wheels to make these models more towable with smaller trucks.
    No one has reported towing instability with a 150 Series.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Others have also reported Reflection 150 Series 5th wheels with pin weight less than 20%. It seems that GDRV might be edging towards the truck manufacturers spec of 15% for 5th wheels to make these models more towable with smaller trucks.
    No one has reported towing instability with a 150 Series.

Rob
    Agree, they are working toward a light pin weight while maintaining stability. But 18% is still light.
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wstcoaster07 View Post
    If I'm hugging the same side of the lane there are passing on I'll feel it but if I'm riding the outside of the lane then no. I think anything in the light truck/SUV range will feel that pull so you just have to pay attention while driving and not drift close to the other lane. That or upgrade to a 350 I guess.
    Sounds like sound advice.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this thread is a couple years old, but weights are weights. I have a 2019 2800BH, manufactured in 2018. I have a couple totes in the storage and usually have a pair of 6volt batteries. The dealer we purchased from would not let us use our current Reese 1500 bars and got a set of 800lb bars installed. Brochure states the TW is 600, so one would thing the 800lb ones would suffice. I have only towed it a few times but did not like the way they performed. Went to storage today with a new Sherline. Right at 775lbs, no batteries installed. With batteries it would be right at 900lbs. I am sure it will be more set up for a camp trip, so my old WD set up is going back on and selling this new one they had us buy.
    2019 Imagine 2800BH “Chaos”
    2009 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins Power “Nessy”

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    Agree, they are working toward a light pin weight while maintaining stability. But 18% is still light.
    From experience it isn't, see my signature below. Both the published hitch ( in fact all weights were within 20# of the brochure ) and my loaded ready to travel hitch weights are at 18%, 8500# +/- loaded with 1525 to 1550# hitch weight. I have a friend with a Cougar 1/2 ton that has the same experience. Polling in campgrounds has led to the same result from those who have weighed. I'd say it's safe to say that taking 18% of GVWR of a 1/2 ton or 150 series fifth wheel would give a good approximation of the maximum hitch weight.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123