User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New '19 337 and already Modifying

I have a new 2019 337RLS making its first trip this weekend. I did want to make a few modifications prior to hitting the road, first was replacing the bathroom faucet, second was replacing the tail lights with the exact model from Optronics from bulb to LED and third was a little more involved in adding a Dirt Devil CV1500 vac system. I wanted to locate in the storage area but not take any floor space. I removed the panel and mounted the vacuum as pictured (added spacer block to back feet to keep level with front). Measured (a bunch of times) and cut the opening for the face plate (access to the bag and filter). Using a box cutter marked and cut opening for the hose. That all went well...but like any modifications Murphy's law shows up. Next was to install the dust pan option at the base of the lower step. I gently remove the step face panel because GD added a OSB board to the bottom step base that would not allow the dust pan to fit flush with the interior floor. I marked and chiseled enough of the OSB board to accommodate the dust pan.

Wanted to add finished picture. Don't know why rotation is not correct. Maybe some one can help me with editing pics after posted or being able to see a preview.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]18300[ATTACH=CONFIG]18301Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0160.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	18304Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0162.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	97.8 KB 
ID:	18335
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0143.jpg   IMG_0139.jpg   IMG_0144.jpg  
    Last edited by elmoren; 03-14-2019 at 06:10 AM. Reason: add picture

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoren View Post
    I have a new 2019 337RLS making its first trip this weekend. I did want to make a few modifications prior to hitting the road, first was replacing the bathroom faucet, second was replacing the tail lights with the exact model from Optronics from bulb to LED and third was a little more involved in adding a Dirt Devil CV1500 vac system. I wanted to locate in the storage area but not take any floor space. I removed the panel and mounted the vacuum as pictured (added spacer block to back feet to keep level with front). Measured (a bunch of times) and cut the opening for the face plate (access to the bag and filter). Using a box cutter marked and cut opening for the hose. That all went well...but like any modifications Murphy's law shows up. Next was to install the dust pan option at the base of the lower step. I gently remove the step face panel because GD added a OSB board to the bottom step base that would not allow the dust pan to fit flush with the interior floor. I marked and chiseled enough of the OSB board to accommodate the dust pan. [ATTACH=CONFIG]18300Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0144.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	18301
    Welcome to the forum! I wanted to make sure your post didn't get buried in the other thread, so I've moved this to the New Member Introductions section.

I think you'll enjoy this forum. Check us out and please consider becoming a site sponsor.

Any questions, let us know!

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, I was trying to correct the photos. Can't figure out how to delete either photo or entire post.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice mods. Glad you are here.
    The tail lights are they just a LED bulb replacement or is it a full LED light? Maybe a link to the part would be helpful.

Thanks
    Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Country Campers View Post
    Nice mods. Glad you are here.
    The tail lights are they just a LED bulb replacement or is it a full LED light? Maybe a link to the part would be helpful.

Thanks
    Brian
    Brian,
    I used these because they exact replacement...no new holes or old ones to patch.
    From etrailer. RVSTL61 is the driver side with license plate bracket Low Profile RV Combination Tail Light - Stop, Tail, Turn - 9 Diodes.
    Passenger Side Item # RVSTL60
    These are LED lights not just bulb. Bulb type are RVST60 and 61. The housing and lens are identical...they clip in a bulb bracket for one or screw in the LED molded piece for the other. If Optronics would sell just the LED module you can covert from bulb to LED.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoren View Post
    Brian,
    I used these because they exact replacement...no new holes or old ones to patch.
    From etrailer. RVSTL61 is the driver side with license plate bracket Low Profile RV Combination Tail Light - Stop, Tail, Turn - 9 Diodes.
    Passenger Side Item # RVSTL60
    These are LED lights not just bulb. Bulb type are RVST60 and 61. The housing and lens are identical...they clip in a bulb bracket for one or screw in the LED molded piece for the other. If Optronics would sell just the LED module you can covert from bulb to LED.
    Any chance you have a before and after shot that compares the brightness of the OEM vs the LEDs? (And thank you for signing up as a sponsor!)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)