Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello all

I recently purchased a 2970rl. Does anyone have a good “how to” or step by step checklist for de winterizing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by abninf36 View Post
    I recently purchased a 2970rl. Does anyone have a good “how to” or step by step checklist for de winterizing?
    Hookup to water source and run all faucets hot and cold till running clear.
    Turn the heater bypass from bypass to normal and run hot water faucets till they run clear.
    Before turn on water heater ensure there is water in the hot water heater by hitting the overpressure relief value. That prevents burning up the elements in the hot water heater.
    If you have a water filter put in a new filter.
    Don't forget the washer dryer hooks if you have them.

First outing I always use bottled water for drinking and cooking just to ensure all the antifreeze is out of the lines.
    Last edited by CWSWine; 03-13-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Dennis & Ellie
    Current 2017 Newmar Ventana Class A & 1994 Airstream Excella Classic Limited Project
    Sold - 310-GK-R Delivered 28 Oct 2016
    2016 GMC Denali 1 Ton Diesel SRW Payload 3727LBS B&W Hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome thanks!!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    I see you already have received sound advice.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. I'll add to Dennis' advice by recommending you check the batteries in your smoke alarm(s) and/or carbon monoxide detector(s).

I challenge my fellow forum participants to add more to the de-winterizing lists as you welcome abninf36.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dennis covered it well as the process is fairly simple.

I would add as the first step to open the faucets including outside shower if equipped and open the low point valves/remove caps to let the pink winterizing fluid to run out of the lines. This will prevent nearly all pink fluid from being in the water lines for while when you are completing the first step Dennis mentioned.

If the water heater plug was removed and left out, will need to re-install. You will want to check the tightness in any case. Most of us also using plumbing tape on the threads of the plastic plug to ensure no leaks. Do not over tighten the plastic plug......just needs to be snug. Can always tighten abit if it drips after water heats up causing expansions and pressure.

Lastly check for leaks in lines and traps/plumbing. Using the water pump is a good way to see if there are leaks in water lines as the pump will cycle on an off. If you have air in the water lines (which could be the case for some period of initial use) the pump may cycle as well until the air pockets are eliminated.

Any questions or other things come up let us know.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide