User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mexico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reeldirtydawg View Post
    Anyone made the venture down to the Mexico coast from the US?

Did you take a caravan or drive independently?
    Recommend a place to stay close to the water that is safe and has hook ups and can accommodate 30TT?
    How far in advance should you make reservations?
    How far are you willing to drive? You could drive all the way to Cabo and you might still feel some winter. There's a little town between Cabo and La Paz on the Sea of Cortez - called Los Barriles. It's a great town with great beaches, many restaurants and a nice grocery store. There's not a single US franchise there. It's all Mexican. In the winter half the population are Gringos. It's safe. A friend of mine has driven down there over 20 times and hasn't had any trouble. I think Baja is safer than mainland MX.
    Tom and Kathy
    Fort Collins, CO
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2016 RAM 2500, 6.7 Turbo Diesel,
    Crew Cab, Standard Bed, Hitch Prep
    B&W Companion Hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would definitely be interested in a trip into Mexico with fellow GD owners.
    Brian-USMC Retired
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS
    2019 RAM 3500 Laramie MegaCab-4x4 DRW-AISIN
    Propride 3P Hitch
    Spokane, WA

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a fun trip. We might be set up to go in a couple of years. Dallas I would agree with you. The average citizen no matter what country they live in just wants to enjoy life and make a few bucks.
    Lyle & Judy and Annie the Westie
    Retired (Government employee/USMC/USAFR, Ret) & Retired (insurance industry)
    2018 F-350 CC LB DRW 4X4 6.7 (3.55)(Reese 18k "puck system")
    2018 Solitude 310GK (5500 Onan Genset)
    2020 F-150 SCSB XLT 2.7L 10 speed

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just reviving this thread in case anyone is interested....we’ve traveled the Baja peninsula five times to enjoy ocean-side boondocking for the winter. If anyone has questions or wants tips/info on Baja, I’m happy to share about this magical part of the world.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BajaZephyr View Post
    Just reviving this thread in case anyone is interested....we’ve traveled the Baja peninsula five times to enjoy ocean-side boondocking for the winter. If anyone has questions or wants tips/info on Baja, I’m happy to share about this magical part of the world.
    What about this year? We had to cancel our fishing trip to Puerto Lobos in April due to the virus.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigb56 View Post
    What about this year? We had to cancel our fishing trip to Puerto Lobos in April due to the virus.
    We’re keeping our fingers crossed all borders will be open by Nov/Dec as that’s when we usually head south (we’re in British Columbia). I’m not suggesting a caravan, just letting people know I can provide tips and suggestions if they’re interested in a trip to Baja.

I understand it’s very intimidating to consider camping/driving in Mexico, especially for anyone who has never traveled outside the US or Canada and hears all the media horror stories. But for those that like boondocking and the ocean, there’s no place in this world like it. The southern tip of Baja is the perfect combination of nature, weather, beauty, affordability, food, culture and a great expat community.

Highly recommend the book by Mike and Terry Church “Traveler's Guide to Camping Mexico's Baja”, or check out their website rollinghomes.com. Note I’m not affiliated with them in any way...just a lover of Baja.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops...Just went on rollinghomes.com and see how woefully out of date their site is

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123