User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking for truck bed storage options.

Anyone have pictures to show what you carry and how you organize your truck bed while towing a 5th wheel? How do you secure your items so they don’t blow out of the bed? I have space in front and behind my hitch. F350 longbed.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a tool storage box in the front of the bed. They also make one that sits in the back of the bed inside the tailgate with a V-shape middle to miss the fifth wheel pin when hooking up.
    I just carry some tools in mine and a jack. Extra leveling blocks I just set inside the tailgate.

Brian

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use two "swing case" tool boxes. They are made for specific trucks. But here is an example.

https://www.amazon.com/UnderCover-Sw...-2-spons&psc=1
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Dellta toolbox up front (it sits flush with the truck side rails). I also carry a 5 Gal. steel gas can, propane tank for the fire pit, the fire pit, three folding chairs, a folding table, two lounge chairs, 6- 4x10x12, a cone pylon and one of those tall pylons (for roadside emergencies), B-B-Q and B-B-Q table and a few other small things. I have it all packed in there where it's just below my 5th wheel hitch.
    I've put about 15,000 miles on like this and no issues. Being full timers, we have to maximize all of our storage space. It's pretty much out outdoor patio stuff and it doesn't really matter if it gets wet from rain (or snow).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180318_130716_resized.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	18338

Name:	20180318_130721_resized.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	94.8 KB 
ID:	18339

Name:	20180819_092827_resized.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	18340
    Last edited by JCZhome; 03-14-2019 at 09:12 AM.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    Anyone have pictures to show what you carry and how you organize your truck bed while towing a 5th wheel?
    How do you secure your items so they don’t blow out of the bed? I have space in front of and behind my hitch. F350 long bed.
    How about this?

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	18347

My thread is HERE
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCZhome View Post
    I have the Dellta toolbox up front (it sits flush with the truck side rails). I also carry a 5 Gal. steel gas can, propane tank for the fire pit, the fire pit, three folding chairs, a folding table, two lounge chairs, 6- 4x10x12, a cone pylon and one of those tall pylons (for roadside emergencies), B-B-Q and B-B-Q table and a few other small things. I have it all packed in there where it's just below my 5th wheel hitch.
    I've put about 15,000 miles on like this and no issues. Being full timers, we have to maximize all of our storage space. It's pretty much out outdoor patio stuff and it doesn't really matter if it gets wet from rain (or snow]

We are fulltime as well and I am tired of strapping chairs to ladder, where to put wet/yucky outdoor rug, ladder, etc. Will it all fly out? Must be a way to secure all this stuff but still use our truck bed. All the fabulous storage shown is really nice but pricey.
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    2018 Ford F-350 SRW Diesel

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the corners of your bed there should be some steel loops for tie down straps. You could put your chairs and ladder down in the front of the bed and get some straps to hold them in place. For loose or light stuff the rear of the bed by the tailgate is not ideal, I have noticed some turbulent wind there moving my blocking around while traveling, but you could also use straps back there to hold stuff as well. They make a couple different kinds, ratcheting and just pull thru with teeth that grip the nylon band. Bungee cords are just to iffy , they are hard to secure tightly, and dangerous if they slip out of your hand. Just some other thoughts.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I built a waterproof box 48" wide x 11" high x 20" deep to fit between the tailgate and the hitch. I store leveling blocks in one half and my bicycle riding gear in the other half. the 11" height is low enough that the king pin easily clears it during hitching. Sorry - no picture as it is currently out of the truck.

I also carry a small gas grill in a plastic bin between the hitch and the back of the truck.
    Keith & Kate
    Central Ohio
    2015 Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
    2016 Ford F250XL Diesel Crew Cab SRW 4x4

A rolling stone....we're in Tucson, Az. now.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachcamper View Post
    We are fulltime as well and I am tired of strapping chairs to ladder, where to put wet/yucky outdoor rug, ladder, etc. Will it all fly out? Must be a way to secure all this stuff but still use our truck bed. All the fabulous storage shown is really nice but pricey.
    Since you quoted my post I'll offer up that I put my door mats and area rugs under the folding chairs and the lounge chairs. I have several of each, so they add a couple inches of height under the lounge chairs. My chairs sit so high that I can not pull away from my Momentum without the pin hitting the top chair, if I don't remove the top chair first. I do not tie or strap anything down and it's never been an issue as long as the heavier stuff is on top.
    SOLD my 2017 Momentum 376TH being pulled by a 2014 Ford F-350 Lariat, FX-4, Crew Cab, Longbed, Dually. Not pulling the 5er, catch me on my 2013 CVO Harley Ultra Classic.

Map = states that we've stayed at least one night in our RV.

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AR...TNTXUTWYsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When traveling to and from Florida for the winter we do haul a lot and the bed of the truck can get quite full. We do use bungee's to hold the lighter stuff down like the beach chairs. I snug it up as tight as I can to take as much movement out that I can but not so much I hurt myself. Works for us and really isn't that difficult.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/