User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    To those of you towing with the turning point & the proper wedge do you notice any stability or sway issues? I’m upgrading to a fifth wheel from a 37’ travel trailer to gain stability, I’d hate to not get the maximum benefit due to the pivot point being behind the axle?
    I use the turning point & it works great once it's hooked up. I need to adjust my wedge a bit I think. I pull with a 2500 GMC crew cab 6.5' box, standard hitch & I can whip a tight U turn with no issues. It pulls like a dream compared to our old 35' travel trailer, no sway & no white knuckles when a semi passes, you'll love it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used both options, it seems there is more angle room when using the turning point. The only problem I see is when you take it to a big shop like Lazydays they put bolts in to lock it so they can move it around and they usually don't remove the bolts when you get it back.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are towing a 295RL with an F150 using a standard Pullrite hitch and Turning point pin box with the Lippert wedge. So far 2300 miles from Ohio to Arizona. The truck/trailer combo handles great. No problems.
    2019 Reflection 150 - 295RL
    2018 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload
    Max Trailer Tow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all, super encouraging to see actual users happy with the turning point. Unfortunately as much as I want to use the Blue Ox it looks like I’ll need a different hitch to use the turning point. Now I need to find something that works with a wedge that is light & easy to remove, the dealership is covering my hitch up to $2000.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using B&W Trailer Hitches RVK3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch Ford F-250/350 '12 - '19 with my turning point. I purchased B & W wedge for it from etrailers.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papahoosh View Post
    I am using B&W Trailer Hitches RVK3300 Companion 5th Wheel Hitch Ford F-250/350 '12 - '19 with my turning point. I purchased B & W wedge for it from etrailers.
    I know everyone seems to recommend the B&W as the best of the best but what's the weight on it for removal? I need to use the bed of my truck when I'm not camping during the season & want something light that's easy to remove. Do you remove yours often or just leave it in?
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I know everyone seems to recommend the B&W as the best of the best but what's the weight on it for removal? I need to use the bed of my truck when I'm not camping during the season & want something light that's easy to remove. Do you remove yours often or just leave it in?
    It is not bad. It comes in two sections. I can remove it by myself without any tools. Good thing about it is I can lock both parts down so it can't be removed. I also able to lock the handle so no one can open it when I am not around.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remove my B&W quite often. It comes out in a couple of minutes. 2 pieces that weigh approximately 75 lbs. each.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Curt A16 hitch that I use with the Turning Point. Very happy with the hitch. I can easily remove it in one piece by myself. It can be separated into to two pieces for less weight.
    Mike, Linda, and Shady (terrier mix rescue)

Reflection 150 230 RL with free standing dinette (swapped location of the dinette and the recliners)
    2020 GMC 3500 Denali
    B&W Companion Hitch and Turning Point Pin Box locked out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the Curt & the B&W are on the top of the list for use with the turning point since they can both be removed easily. How much harder is it to hook up with the wedge installed? Being a new fifth wheel owner I’m sure there’s a learning curve to all of this but I don’t want to make it worse.
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast