User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    Looks like the Curt & the B&W are on the top of the list for use with the turning point since they can both be removed easily. How much harder is it to hook up with the wedge installed? Being a new fifth wheel owner I’m sure there’s a learning curve to all of this but I don’t want to make it worse.
    Take a look at this video, it shows you how to install it. Only takes about 10-15 minutes.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNk5EwEOrZ0&t=178s
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had limited experience but the few times I've done it, it was very easy to hook up. Our son in law has the same 5th wheel as you and the Curt hitch. I setup his hitch and wedge for him. No problem to hook up as long as you're reasonably straight. I've also towed his trailer with my short bed truck with the pin box locked. No problem at all but you won't be able to turn as sharply as with it rotating. I don't like to make extremely tight turns anyway because it stresses the suspension.
    You can't go wrong with either the B&W or Curt.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 295 and pull it with a 1500 GMC. I had to pull it home with a pin locked as the dealer had to order the correct wedge for the B&W hitch. I had no problem even with the short box (<6’) but you need to be careful. You can still make pretty short turns though. After getting the wedge I have used it and it is nice not having to be constantly on guard when turning. Like you I worried about stability issues when towing but have found it to be very good. I take my hitch out every time after a trip. As said above it comes out in two pieces. I also have a truck cap I put on and off at the same time so that takes up more of my time. The unit is not at all hard to hook up. The pin box will turn to align. You can actually push it by hand. The only concern I have is that I would like to see a grease fitting on it! If there is one, I have not found it!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what pin box comes on the 31MB? I am getting one soon (to be delivered in April), but never looked to see what pin box was on it since I always planned on getting a slider hitch.
    Last edited by SGT ROC; 03-16-2019 at 07:50 AM. Reason: mistake in wording

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    Anyone know what pin box comes on the 31MB? I am getting one soon (to be delivered in April), but never looked to see what pin box was on it since I always planned on getting a slider hitch.
    It’s the standard Lippert pin box & not the turning point.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have used the Blue Ox slider in both my truck with 6.5' beds. The turning point hitch is locked out. The main advantage of using the slider for me is that the RV is easier to maneuver when backing. By putting the slider in the rear position I am moving the pin farther to the rear, this means the rear of the RV moves faster when I am trying to turn so I can make it go where I want easier. If you leave the slider in the forward position I wouldn't hit the cab until around 80 degrees while backing
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How many use the turning point feature?

Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I have used the Blue Ox slider in both my truck with 6.5' beds. The turning point hitch is locked out. The main advantage of using the slider for me is that the RV is easier to maneuver when backing. By putting the slider in the rear position I am moving the pin farther to the rear, this means the rear of the RV moves faster when I am trying to turn so I can make it go where I want easier. If you leave the slider in the forward position I wouldn't hit the cab until around 80 degrees while backing
    The common sense of a rancher never ceases to amaze me, thanks Donald!

I never thought of it that way!
    I’m going to go ahead and use my slider next time I have to back in to a spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, so you find it’s easier to back up with the slider vs the turning point? Doesn’t the turning point make the pivot at 22” vs the Blue Ox at 11”, yet seems more like a travel trailer?
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    Interesting, so you find it’s easier to back up with the slider vs the turning point? Doesn’t the turning point make the pivot at 22” vs the Blue Ox at 11”, yet seems more like a travel trailer?
    Hi, The Turning Point has been locked out on my 220rk since I got it. This is because I use single point fifth wheel hitches and the way I understand it you can't use the Turning Point with them.
    I was comparing the Blue Ox slider in the two different positions.
    Donald AKA johndeerefarmer
    2020 Ford F350 Powerstroke diesel
    2017 F150 ecoboost max tow
    2016 Reflection 29RS VIN# 573FR322XG3305717

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, The Turning Point has been locked out on my 220rk since I got it. This is because I use single point fifth wheel hitches and the way I understand it you can't use the Turning Point with them.
    I was comparing the Blue Ox slider in the two different positions.
    I see, that makes sense now. Thanks.
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast