User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
    I have been using the Blue Ox slider (gooseball version) with the kingpin locked out on my 220rk for about a year with no issues or interference. I also used it with the AUH several times with no issues. The wedge is a good 8-10" from the pin so there is no interference.

What the manufacturers are saying is that you can't use a rotating hitch with the gooseball mounted fiver hitches if the pin is rotating as long as the wedge is in place there isn't a problem
    Yes, thank you for the clarification, you can not use the turning point (rotating) feature of the pin box with those hitches. You can use those hitches if you choose to lock out the turning point feature.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked with B&W, the RVK3300 Ford puck mount is approved for use with the turning point.
    2019 Ford F-250 CCSB Lariat Ultimate 6.2L/3.73 gearing
    2015 Ford F-350 CCSB 6.7L - previous
    2018 Grand Design 290BH
    B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishwater View Post
    I checked with B&W, the RVK3300 Ford puck mount is approved for use with the turning point.
    Good news!! Glad to hear.

Bob
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 260RD
    2022 Ford F350 SRW CC 4X4 Lariat 6.7 camper package, B&W Companion RVK3300

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sande005 View Post
    Ummm, hate to be the bearer, and probably too late to this thread...but.....
    B&W as of a couple of years ago used to explicitly warn against using any extended wedge type pin box with their hitches. I see no reference on their site anymore, but it would really be worth the call....

I had a Reese Revolution, which is almost a duplicate of the Turning Point. Truck had a 6.5 box. I still have ruts in my yard where I inadvertently did 90's while backing into the drive, so it worked very well!
    Wedge adjustment is critical - it has to be firm, but it is possible to be too tight, which makes hitching/unhitching hard to very hard to do.
    After unhitching, the pin box may be slightly angled off from the trailer. No problem, usually, as long as you back straight in to the pin box, and not the trailer. BUT, if you drop your tailgate, watch the corners. I learned how to repair the fiberglass skin of my fifth after a slight angle back in. After that, I would back in until almost hitched, then put up the tailgate, and finish the backing.
    ALWAYS check when picking up the trailer at the dealer (or anyone else who may move it) and make sure the locking bolts are removed. My dealer forgot, and had me drive away when I was a newbie. Kinda bad if the fifth has no way to pivot at all. Dealer had to send a tow truck, replace the entire pin box, replace the hitch, and pay for a frame shop to inspect the truck.
    The same thing happened to me. After purchasing the RV (my 1st 5er) I went back to Lazydays for some warranty work. I drove home and unhitched noticed pin box and the hitch are damaged. I then noticed the lock down bolts. Lazydays ended up replacing the turning point pin box and the top portion of the hitch. I learned my lesson. It is now part of my hitch/unhitch check list.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we first got our 290BH I didn't use the turning point setup and just left my slider 5th wheel back all the time. After having issue getting into a camp site I setup the turning point system and used both the turning point and 5th wheel Sid back all the time. There wasn't any where I couldn't get the camper including 90* off driveway between house and wall in back yard with only 1.5 feet to spare on each side. You can hook and unhook at any angle (don't have to be straight to trailer) just line up to hitch not trailer. Also nice to spin hitch around under trailer at camp site so kids don't bang their heads on it

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk
    Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Trailer: Sold - 2006 Fun Finder 240XXX (custom graphics)
    Current - 2019 GD 150 series Reflection 290BH

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by towdriver View Post
    When we first got our 290BH I didn't use the turning point setup and just left my slider 5th wheel back all the time...
    Surely you don’t mean you towed with your slider back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Surely you don’t mean you towed with your slider back?

Yes I towed with slider back all the time. I had it pinned back and it wasn't able to be slid ahead. Even though I had a 9.5' bed I had to have 5th wheel slide back to clear back of bed and toolboxes due to where last owner of truck welded hitch rails

Truck: 2005 Dodge 3500 diesel dually 6 speed crewcab with 9.5’ flatbed and 120g fuel capacity

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

How many use the turning point feature?

Yes I towed with slider back all the time. I had it pinned back and it wasn't able to be slid ahead. Even though I had a 9.5' bed I had to have 5th wheel slide back to clear back of bed and toolboxes due to where last owner of truck welded hitch rails

Reason I asked is because on most pickups that would put the pin behind the rear axle, unloading the front axle, which is generally a bad idea.
    But since you said you had a 9.5’ bed... what kind of truck was it?

Last edited by DaveMatthewsBand; 03-26-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes it did put the pin behind the axle by a few inches but the air ride brought it back up level. Over 100,000 towing all kinds of loads like that and never had an issue. It was a 2005 dodge quad cab 3500

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes it did put the pin behind the axle by a few inches but the air ride brought it back up level. Over 100,000 towing all kinds of loads like that and never had an issue. It was a 2005 dodge quad cab 3500

That’s interesting.
    Maybe I’ll tow mine with the slider back, on a short trip, and see if I notice any difference.
    Thanks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast