User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picking up our 2019 303RLS tomorrow!

Hi all!
    First off, this forum has been a huge help for the wife and I when we were deciding between the 303RLS (wife's pick) and the 337RLS (my pick). I really loved the layout and storage of the 337 and told our sales person to hold their 337 for us... until I started reading posts in this forum. I did not want become a member of the 2 Timer Club since my current tow vehicle is a '17 F-250 4x4 Diesel and would run into exceeding payload issues. So with the help of the forum we bit the bullet on our first 5th wheel last week and will be picking up the 303RLS tomorrow at our local Grand Design dealer in Sacramento, Happy Daze RV. My wife gets the make and model she wanted from the start and I won't have in the back of my mind if I'm unsafely towing our new rig.

Since reserving our 303 last week I have added the following to the F-250:
    • Installed the Ford 5th wheel prep package
    • Ordered and installed the Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    • Installed Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate and 2nd Gen WirelessOne

Looking forward to reading all the great content this forum has to offer and hope to contribute as well.

Sonny

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gepilano View Post
    Hi all!
    First off, this forum has been a huge help for the wife and I when we were deciding between the 303RLS (wife's pick) and the 337RLS (my pick). I really loved the layout and storage of the 337 and told our sales person to hold their 337 for us... until I started reading posts in this forum. I did not want become a member of the 2 Timer Club since my current tow vehicle is a '17 F-250 4x4 Diesel and would run into exceeding payload issues. So with the help of the forum we bit the bullet on our first 5th wheel last week and will be picking up the 303RLS tomorrow at our local Grand Design dealer in Sacramento, Happy Daze RV. My wife gets the make and model she wanted from the start and I won't have in the back of my mind if I'm unsafely towing our new rig.

Since reserving our 303 last week I have added the following to the F-250:
    • Installed the Ford 5th wheel prep package
    • Ordered and installed the Andersen Ultimate Hitch
    • Installed Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 Ultimate and 2nd Gen WirelessOne

Looking forward to reading all the great content this forum has to offer and hope to contribute as well.

Sonny
    Congrats, Sonny. Not that my opinion is worth .02, but I think you made a wise, informed decision. But you really could have stopped at the (wife's pick) point and you'd have been fine no matter what. Even if you had to buy another truck like I did.

If you're into mods and haven't seen this thread check it out! https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Air-Compressor

Look forward to your contributions. I hope you'll consider becoming a site sponsor, too. Our combined sponsorship keeps the ads off of this site making the forum experience so much more enjoyable IMO.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on the new 303rls... Mine is on order from Happy Daze RV in Sacto as well, and is a couple of weeks out.... I'm also getting the TV ready..

Safe travels and Happy Camping !!

Cliff

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sonny
    Hi Sonny,

Welcome to this forum . . . and to the 303RLS subset. I do hope that you will join us as a site sponsor per Howard's advice.
    We have had our 303RLS since 2014 and have spent more than 5 months in it every winter since. Still the best balance of weight, length, interior space and layout. Maybe this is why it continues to be GDRV's best selling model?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Sonny,

Welcome to this forum . . . and to the 303RLS subset. I do hope that you will join us as a site sponsor per Howard's advice.
    We have had our 303RLS since 2014 and have spent more than 5 months in it every winter since. Still the best balance of weight, length, interior space and layout. Maybe this is why it continues to be GDRV's best selling model?

Rob
    Congratulations and welcome. So exciting. We picked up our 303RLS in October and only got out in it once before we put it away for the winter. We just booked two weeks in May to head south. Can’t wait to get in it again. Happy camping.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats from another 303rls owner
    People keep telling me to follow my dreams...so I went back to bed

2019 303rls
    2017 GMC 2500hd ccsb 2wd 6.0 gas
    Andersen ultimate rail mount hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife gets the make and model she wanted from the start and I won't have in the back of my mind if I'm unsafely towing our new rig.
    Welcome, Sonny and enjoy that new 303 ! Most often a good thing when the DW gets what she wants !

Like Rob, we have been a 303 owner for going on the 6th season and really like the RV for many reasons. In fact ours was one of the very early builds being built in 10/13. We did the same process debating the 337 vs the 303. I think a number of us have done (and still do) the same exercise.

When questions come up, let us know.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the 303 family. We have been very happy with our F-250 and 303 combo
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Sonny and congratulations! You know what they say...happy wife, happy life! Both my wife and I preferred the 303 over the 337, but it all depends on what you are looking for. The washer/dryer setup in the 337 is nice if you require that. For us it's not necessary and when we go full time in a couple of years we'll have to see. For now though the 303 is the perfect floor plan for us. Enjoy your new adventure!

Cheers, Neil
    Neil and Sheila
    2018 Reflection 303RLS - 2nd A/C
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 Double Cab, Short Box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast