User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brand new 303rls... major issues... HELP!!!

Hi all, first time posting on here. My wife and I purchased our brand new 303rls and had it delivered to us on 3/12. We are living in our unit full time in south Florida. Once it arrived yesterday, we got it all leveled up and plugged in and was ready to settle in for the night. First off we noticed that the a/c in the bedroom was not kicking on at all. Then we found that the 2 gfi outlets in the bedroom were not working when we plugged our phones in, however the usb outlets did work in the bedroom. We also did not have any hot water last night as well for showers. When we woke this morning I called our dealership to fill them in our situation and their thought was something on the property we stay at might have been wrong with the electrical hookup. Ended up getting the property manager and his electrician to look at it and is coming back tomorrow to find out the issue. I left the property today for business reason and upon my wife coming home around 9:30 tonight 3/13 we had no power at all, and the only lights on were microwave,tv, and recliner lights being ran by the battery. So I go in and start flipping switches to try and get power after checking outside to make sure everything was still hooked up as it was when I left today. Once I turned off the hot water heater but all lights that were on shut off and would not turn back on at all. The unit is completely turned off and unplugged until I can get an answer hopefully tomorrow morning. Please feel free to post any recommendations on what the issue could possibly be. Thank you very much!

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, welcome to the forum.

Hot water:
    Is the hot water heater on? There are gas and electric modes, ensure the switch is on for the mode you desire. If using gas, ensure the propane tank is full with valve open. For electric mode, besides the interior switch, there might be a switch physically on the water heater as well (toggle switch) depending on the model you have. You can find the switch by removing the access cover on the outside of the RV for the water heater. If all of that checks out, sometimes the hot water valve on the sprayer connection (i assume you have one in your water panel area) gets left open and causes a loss of hot water.

The elcectrical issues seem strange, because unless you have added an inverter, your microwave and TV do not run off the battery. It will be important to know the status of the incoming power, no sense troubleshooting the RV if the incoming power has issues. Is there any other place to plug the RV in where you are located? You didnt specify if it was a campground or prrivate property. If the incoming power is verified to be good, it sounds like you were attempting to reset the breakers, make sure they are all in the ON position. After that, it would be good to see what is working or not working, but it would be preferred to use a meter and see what power you are getting at the different outlets. It would be good to report the results of all of that so we can help from that point. Hopefully there wasnt an incoming power issue that caused electrical damamge (if you don't know about it already, you should reasearch an EMS type unit for your RV. Use the search function and type EMS, lots of discussion on its benefits and purpose). Also, if the incoming power is good, don't rule out a bad or shorted out shore power cord.
    Last edited by FT4NOW; 03-13-2019 at 11:24 PM.
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello and welcome. I am sorry to hear of your troubles. You have a very nice trailer (may not seem like it at the moment) and you have found a great group of people. I will try to help you as much as I can. I am sure others will chime in here with more information.

I will try to give you a little background. If you know this already, just skip over it.
    Your trailer has two electrical systems in your trailer. The 12V battery (DC) and 120v AC (shore or generator power). The lights, refrigerator control (but not heater), furnace and fans run off the battery (12V DC). The Microwave, AC, TV, Water heater (on electric), refrigerator heater (on electric), 120v outlets run off the 120v shore power or generator (if you have one). Also, some items like the water heater and (if you have the RV) refrigerator can run on either 120v electricity or propane, but both have to have 12V DC from the battery to run their respective controllers. There is also a battery disconnect (large red 1/4 turn) switch generally in the pass through compartment. The trailer also has a built in battery charger (called a converter).

- Make sure the battery disconnect switch is turned on. You can not remove the red key when it is turned on.
    - Turn on a light. If it comes on you have 12V power. If not, either the battery is dead, the battery disconnect switch is off, or there is another (more involved) issue.
    - Plug the trailer into shore power.
    - The timer/display on the microwave should come on (it may be flashing until you set the time - but that is fine) If it comes on, you have (at least some) 120v power. If it does not come on, make sure the breaker on the pedestal are on for the outlet you are using. if they are on, try plugging something (light, battery charger, hairdryer, etc) into the standard outlet on the pedestal and see if it has power. If nothing, the problem is in the RV park (no power). Also, ask the RV park to measure the voltage at the pedestal. If it is to low (below 104v) appliances may not work, to high (above 134v?) may damage appliances. I assume your trailer is 50A. If you have an 30 to 50A adapter and both 50A and 30 outlet on the power pedestal, try using the adapter and plug into the 30A outlet.
    - If you have power at the pedestal, but not in the trailer, make sure the power cord is fully connected (plugged all the way in) to the pedestal
    and the trailer. Our Solitude (I o not know about Reflections) has a small blue light on the trailer receptical cover that comes on when there is power to the trailer. I can be hard to see in daylight.
    -Next, inside the trailer at the breaker panel, make sure the two (assuming 50A service) main breakers labeled "50" are turned on. Try turning them off then back on.

Try these things and let us know what your results are and we will try to give you more specific guidance. Hopefully, someone with a Reflection can give you more specific advice.

Chris
    Last edited by CoChris; 03-14-2019 at 12:16 AM.
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClayCarr87 View Post
    Hi all, first time posting on here. My wife and I purchased our brand new 303rls and had it delivered to us on 3/12. We are living in our unit full time in south Florida. Once it arrived yesterday, we got it all leveled up and plugged in and was ready to settle in for the night. First off we noticed that the a/c in the bedroom was not kicking on at all. Then we found that the 2 gfi outlets in the bedroom were not working when we plugged our phones in, however the usb outlets did work in the bedroom. We also did not have any hot water last night as well for showers. When we woke this morning I called our dealership to fill them in our situation and their thought was something on the property we stay at might have been wrong with the electrical hookup. Ended up getting the property manager and his electrician to look at it and is coming back tomorrow to find out the issue. I left the property today for business reason and upon my wife coming home around 9:30 tonight 3/13 we had no power at all, and the only lights on were microwave,tv, and recliner lights being ran by the battery. So I go in and start flipping switches to try and get power after checking outside to make sure everything was still hooked up as it was when I left today. Once I turned off the hot water heater but all lights that were on shut off and would not turn back on at all. The unit is completely turned off and unplugged until I can get an answer hopefully tomorrow morning. Please feel free to post any recommendations on what the issue could possibly be. Thank you very much!
    As CoChris posted, start with checking the battery disconnect switch and then try to turn on an overhead light. With the disconnect ON (can't remove the key) the lights will work without the main power cord connected to the RV park pedestal if your battery is good (and there's no other issue in your trailer).

I'm at work but will keep checking to see if you've posted any results. (Please use REPLY WITH QUOTE.)
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if the battery is dead you can hook up to your TV (truck) to charge and you should have 12v power.
    2019 GMC 2500 HD Denali
    2021 Reflection 337RLS / EMS HW50C
    Reece 20K Goosebox
    Solid Step

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    As CoChris posted, start with checking the battery disconnect switch and then try to turn on an overhead light. With the disconnect ON (can't remove the key) the lights will work without the main power cord connected to the RV park pedestal if your battery is good (and there's no other issue in your trailer).

I'm at work but will keep checking to see if you've posted any results. (Please use REPLY WITH QUOTE.)
    Hi everyone, thank you all for the suggestions. Had the park electrician come out today and a past client on that site had messed with the electrical box and had wired it incorrectly. Needless to say we are back up and running, and happy as can be!

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everyone, thank you all for the suggestions. Had the park electrician come out today and a past client on that site had messed with the electrical box and had wired it incorrectly. Needless to say we are back up and running, and happy as can be!
    Hi ClayCarr87,

Good to learn that this is solved The message here is that you really should get an EMS (Electrical Management System) "Surge Protector" which will identify problems with the park system, as soon as you plug in. https://www.amazon.com/Surge-Guard-3...a-434272956180

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you very much for the update. So glad you were able to get it fixed and are up and running. I second the recommendation for an EMS, either pedestal mount or hard wired. If you are not familiar with them, just search these forums for EMS (search box near the top right of each page). Lots of good information on them here.

Chris
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news!

I second Rob's advice to install an Electrical Management System. You could get an external version, but without overwhelming you with information the consensus is the permanent installed version offers more protection.

The thread linked below will take you to the write-up I did when I installed it in my 315. Don't hesitate to have a professional install if you are hesitant to mess with the electrical yourself.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post178294
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howson View Post
    Good news!

I second Rob's advice to install an Electrical Management System. You could get an external version, but without overwhelming you with information the consensus is the permanent installed version offers more protection.

The thread linked below will take you to the write-up I did when I installed it in my 315. Don't hesitate to have a professional install if you are hesitant to mess with the electrical yourself.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...l=1#post178294
    Yes I went and bought the ems x50 surge protector the day after we had it delivered. I was worried that we had fried our camper since I didn’t have the protection when we plugged it in on day of delivery. But after today with our electrician here the box we hook up to was a complete mess so luckily we didn’t have any more major issues than we did. Thanks again for all the recommendations from you all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast