User Tag List

Thread: New member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! Thanks for the add! My wife and I made the decision to go full time about 4 months ago. We already have a truck now it is time to buy our first rig. We are stuck between the 399th and 397th. Another problem we are having is deciding to order one from the factory (there are none around here that are painted) or just keep looking around for one that has everything we want.

Is it harder to negotiate price when you order one from the factory? How long does it usually take to get one in if you order it? We live in Northern California but are residents of Florida and Texas so we plan on registering in either one of those states to save on taxes.
    Lastly does anyone have any dealer recommendations in CA/NV/AZ/OR area?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group.
    There are plenty owners here of what you are looking for that will offer advice.
    Good luck in your search and congrats on the retirement.

Brian

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginune00 View Post
    Hello everyone! Thanks for the add! My wife and I made the decision to go full time about 4 months ago. We already have a truck now it is time to buy our first rig. We are stuck between the 399th and 397th. Another problem we are having is deciding to order one from the factory (there are none around here that are painted) or just keep looking around for one that has everything we want.

Is it harder to negotiate price when you order one from the factory? How long does it usually take to get one in if you order it? We live in Northern California but are residents of Florida and Texas so we plan on registering in either one of those states to save on taxes.
    Lastly does anyone have any dealer recommendations in CA/NV/AZ/OR area?
    Welcome to the forum. Sorry I can't help with any of your questions, but I do have a comment/question. With a 399 or 397 won't your weight put you in the gotta-have-the-special-license category in Texas? I'm not positive, just remember reading several posts about Texas' requirements being more stringent than in other states.

Good luck with the hunt!
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, it would require the Texas Class A Non-Commercial drivers license. The GVWR for both those models is 20,000# and since there would be a need to have a BIG horse to pull it, that would put you over the magic 26,001# limit.

I'm over at 30.8 combined Truck & RV GVWR.

Cotton-picking-thing, I selected multi quote. Who ever said let your fingers do the walking?
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel