User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Borescope Trial on black water tank

I needed to know what was going on inside my black water tank. It was indicating full after only a couple days use. I suspected some kind of build up and needed to verify what was going on. I ordered a Depstech borescope Model:

WF010-3.5M (https://www.amazon.com/Depstech-Endo...s%2C518&sr=8-3)

I found it requires a bit of experimenting but I feel I really got my moneys worth. The unit is wireless and I had to download an ap to my android phone. Once everything was working and after playing around with the camera for several minutes I found out the hard way that the battery doesn't last very long. I connected it to my laptop and discovered that I can used it while charging. I entered the black tank via the toilet. Very easy. The extra cable for charging made it rather difficult to manipulate the camera and take pictures. Pictures are attached. I was able to get much better instantaneous views than photos. I was able to view the tank discharge, tank floor and I could see my camera cable where I ran it in so far it curled up.

The views showed no buildup in the tank. With testing I found I can go about 12 days without dumping. Guess the only problem is sensor buildup. I can see a lot of uses for this new tool. Hope this is helpful to others.....Don

Hope everyone can view figure out how to view my photos. I find it very difficult to attach photos here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Scope photos.jpg  
    Last edited by hoboplayer; 03-14-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Linda & Don & Patches (the wicked step-dog)
    Morton
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2018 Ram Crew Cab 6.4L HEMI, SRW 2wd
    Anderson Ultimate hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you will be the RV proctologist of the campground.
    I have been wanting to do this as well, I have most of the parts built but may buy one and be done with it.

Brian

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really have to stop viewing this forum...already cost me two Amazon purchases today!!!