User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 Momentum 385TH - Interior Overhead LED - Replacements?

Our 2016 Momentum 385TH came with recessed interior LED fixtures. There appear to be two sizes, with larger ones used in the main living area and smaller ones elsewhere. All have a flange around the outside which is screwed into the ceiling using 3 screws. There is no retaining spring on the fixtures. The lens has a raised ring around the center that snaps into the fixture.

They have the following part numbers...

The smaller ones are PM-RV12V-PA3-PC-R
    The larger ones are PM-RV12V-PA4-PC-R

They are a very warm color temperature.

The manufacture date on ours were 3-2015 on both the smaller ones and larger ones. The unit was delivered to us in 6-2015.

One of the smaller ones in our bedroom started flickering intermittently about a year ago. It hasn't been enough of an issue to . Now we have one of the larger ones doing the same thing. I checked the wiring connections and they are all electrically solid.

I'm trying to find replacements, but not having much luck so far. Ideally, we'd like to find something closer to 6000K or 5500K.

I'm sure others have had to replace these. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is? I'd like to see if they have alternative color temps, or if not, at least it would let us track down someone that sells replacements.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Grand Design and ask them who is the manufacturer. One in our bedroom flickered, GD referred me to the manufacturer and they sent me a new one.

Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done that, waiting to hear back. I figured I'd ask here since most likely someone else has done the same legwork before.

When I hear back from them, I'll post the answer here and at http://rvhome.school/Our-RV.html

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard back from Grand Design today. They apparently change manufacturers on the LED lighting pretty fast. This is evidenced by the part numbers they have for them,

The original lights are their part number 420230 for the 4" and 420229 for the 3". These are discontinued. The part number on the lights themselves actually cross-references to several lights that have differing appearances.

The replacement part numbers are 420246 for the 4" and 420240 for the 3". In referencing their photos, these appear to be made by a company called "Facon". The 4" is part number DLFST4-008 and the 3" is part number DLFST3-008. Both of these have spring-arms to hold the light in place, versus using the three screws.

An interenet search on this brings up Amazon as the first result. They have diagrams showing the installation opening requirements. The 3" requires a 2 1/6" hole, and the factory used 2.25" on ours. I'm told they still work. The 4" requires a 3.25" hole, and the factory used a hole that's about 3 3/8".

I asked if they make a 5000K or 5500K version, and they only have these in a 3300K. They are rated 210 lumens. Knowing that the original lights are not available any more, I'm going to take some time and find lights that match the color temperature we are looking for and that will work with the existing mounting holes.