Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ncitro View Post
    Yeah it is slightly nose down, but does not seem to be an issue. I thought I read it could no more than some amount nose down and I was less than that but I forget. Yes it’s in the bedroom. No connection to my furnace, it just does it’s own thing. Was in Port Huron last weekend, down to the low 40s and just ran it and the fireplace and keep the rig comfy with no issue.

I too thought about swapping it with the main unit, but decided it was too much work. I do think the heat pump would work better in the middle of the rig. I think it would heat the bunkhouse better, less time for the air in the ducts to cool down.
    I just installed my new unit but I swapped them around so the heat pump is in the middle. The heat pump unit works fine, the old one I put in the bedroom doesn't work at all. I have power going to the control box but there is no power at the thermostat. I wired the old thermostat to the new unit & it worked, so it's not the little fuse. Did you run into anything like this? Maybe it could be the control box or even the thermostat need to be changed because it's not hooked up to a furnace anymore?
    I'm going camping with an electrician this weekend, he may be of some help. I may call that Coleman hotline I again that is supposed to be for techs only.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I did mine I initially had no thermostat power. I then realized the ac unit does not provide the 12v needed by the thermostat. I had to grab it from the 12v wire Grand Design ran to the skylight. I had thought it was for if you wanted to install a fan, but you need to use it to power the thermostat. Since I was done and had closed up the ceiling by that point I grabbed 12v from the adjacent light switch.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    2019 F350 Platinum 6.7L LB 4x4

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By skylight I assume you mean roof vent in the bedroom? Which one is the 12V you can get thermostat power from? It looked like that was how the original unit was wired but I figured that was because of the furnace. I must admit, my electrical knowledge isn't what I wish it was, but I'm learning. I was relieved when you said you didn't have thermostat power at first either. You've been a HUGE help, THANK YOU!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem, glad I can pass on the help. Yes the roof vent. There was a two conductor cable run with the 12 gauge yellow Romex that had 12v on it. I think it was white, same wire they use everywhere in the rig for 12v. It’s up there for sure. You should have had the romex, thermostat wire, and 12v wire.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the 12V wire(orange & white), tied my blue & red in & blamo! Power to the thermostat! Everything works great, I can't wait till it gets hot out, almost 80 this weekend so that will be an ok test. Maybe I'll let the camper warm up a bit before I turn them on, ha ha! Thanks again for all the help, I would have had to take it to the dealer with my head hanging low without your help. Hopefully I can pass my knowledge on to someone else someday. I owe you a beer & some of my good whiskey!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear that did it! Had me stumped too. I like a good glass of whiskey, good luck on the first trip.
    2018 Reflection 28BH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12