User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish that Grand Design would once again make G-Rated tires an option. The G-Rated tires that GD puts on their heavier trailers are Westlakes. So far I haven’t seen any reports of G-Rated Westlakes coming apart.

I put Goodyear G614 G-Rated tires and did Disc Brakes on my Reflection within a few months of ownership. I spent about $3,700 for these upgrades and it makes me feel more safe and secure.

Here’s a picture of the horse trailer fender after the 3-1/2 year old Goodyear Marathon came apart.

Jerry & Linda
    Emma & Abby our Mini Golden Doodles & JR our Amazon Parrot
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, Build Date 01/2017, Titan Disk Brakes, Goodyear G614s 235/85/16 G Rated tires
    2022 F-450 King Ranch Ultimate, 4,868 lb Payload, Bedrug Bedliner, Andersen Ultimate II Aluminum 5th wheel hitch
    http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/FLGANCSCsm.jpg

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michelin tires are made all over the world. Michelin though keeps tight control of how they are made. Every factory no matter where it is will be exactly like any other factory in the world. They take it so far that even the employee's will have the same uniforms. With their strict controls I believe is how they can maintain the Quality year after year.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a hard time jumping to a conclusion that this or every other tire shred is a tire fail. I've hauled multiple trailers and had several flats where the tire was repairable and several where I failed to notice I had a flat and ended up shredding the tire because I kept driving, unaware the tire had lost air.

Let's analyze this based on the information presented. No jack on hand, no lug wrench or tools to change the tire on hand. This would lead me to believe it is equally likely air pressure was not checked.

Not passing judgement as I am sure we have all towed something at one point in our lives without checking everything. Just not willing to commit this to a tire failure.
    Last edited by GeoffnCheri; 03-16-2019 at 02:43 PM.
    Geoff and Cheri
    2011 F250 CC 6.7L
    Firestone Ride Rite Airbags
    Pull Rite 16k SuperGlide
    2018 Reflection 303RLS, Build date 9/2017
    USMC-Retired
    Thin Blue Line - Retired

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Personally, if a Korean company came out with a better tire for a competitive price I’d buy them. I buy the best I can afford of any product, regardless of country of manufacture.

I had no idea where my Goodyears were made, just that my research showed they were the best tires for my trailer.

Also, the vast majority of tire failures I’ve seen here on this forum and online happened so quickly they couldn’t have been prevented or detected using a TPMS.

Plus, I’ve had one flat tire in 33 years of driving, so my view may be skewed.

So I just check my tire pressure prior to every departure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ed,
    I'm not encouraging anyone to buy an inferior product if it happens to be US made. I look for a quality product and if its made here I will buy it. If there is another product of equal quality made elsewhere and its cheaper, I will again purchase the US made product. This is my preference and I'm not pushing this on anyone. Just doing my best to keep folks here employed.
    Jim
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    My comment wasn’t directed at any one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Resistance is Not Futile, It's Voltage Divided by Current.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveMatthewsBand View Post
    Also, the vast majority of tire failures I’ve seen here on this forum and online happened so quickly they couldn’t have been prevented or detected using a TPMS.
    I have also seen the pictures of the tire core still at full pressure and the tread gone. Agreed that a TPMS will not tell you about this.

I run a 10 sensor TPMS. Road tires on both the truck and the trailer plus both spares. (No point in having a spare tire that has gone flat).

I have had three alarms (on different trips) after departing in the morning with all tires at proper pressure. A piece of steel picked up by the left front truck tire, a leaking valve stem on the right rear trailer tire (damaged at installation of the new trailer tires) and a screw picked up in the left rear trailer tire. All three tires successfully repaired because the loss of pressure was detected early.

A TPMS won't find everything . . . but it is a valuable tool to have.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have said this before, These tires are exceptional IMO and others opinions..
    https://www.tirereview.com/triangle-...he-u-s-market/
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonemannn View Post
    I have said this before, These tires are exceptional IMO and others opinions..
    https://www.tirereview.com/triangle-...he-u-s-market/
    Where are the tires made from Triangle Tire USA?
    MidwestCamper

Jim & Dawn
    Near Milford, Michigan
    2017 Imagine 2600RB
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Double Cab 4x4

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    This tire manufacturer reference shows that Triangle tires are made in Weihai China.
    http://www.tiresafetygroup.com/tire-...-manufacturer/

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestCamper View Post
    It, like most things you buy, are made in China. But just because they are made there does not mean it is crap. China makes loads of good product, and cheap crap as well. two cross country trips on my Triangle tires on my 311BHS, no problems.
    2017 F350 Lariat, Dual rear wheels
    2017 GD 311BHS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast