User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aux Tank/Toolbox Setup...F350 Dually w/B&W Companion

Here are some pics of the setup that I have done on my F350 Dually L.B. I am using a 42 gallon "L" shaped tank that is turned with the vertical part towards the cab, and the horizontal portion of the tank extends towards the rear of the truck and sits perfectly under the cross bed toolbox. I also reversed the fill port and the pump fittings so that the pump is on the driver's side of the truck. Also, my experience with the GPI EZ8 pump that a lot of folks seem to use, was horrible. It didn't even last two years without failure, so I replaced it with a Fill Rite pump, which in my opinion is a much higher quality pump. These pics should show the way everything fits up in the bed....clearances/etc. and also shows that there is plenty of room for the B&W 25K Companion hitch mounted on the factory puck system. The low profile toolbox extends about 2 1/2" above the truck bed rails, so low enough to not interfere with any sharp turning of the trailer. The spacing between the tank and the hinge side of the toolbox allows for opening of the toolbox lid and as you can see, the tank is bolted through the bed of the truck and is sitting on a 1/2" thick rubber mat that is got hundreds of "holes" in it so that any rain/moisture does not stay under the rubber mat. One other thing that I did, that you cannot see in the pictures....when I wired up the pump motor, I installed a 40A relay in the engine compartment (close to the passenger side battery) and fused it with a 30A inline fuse. This relay is operated by a toggle switch that I installed/wired up and put inside the toolbox. When I'm ready to pump fuel from the tank into the truck, I simply open the toolbox, placed the pump nozzle into the truck tank, and flip the toggle switch on and the pump starts. I always leave the "pump start" switch on the pump itself in the on position, as I don't store the the pump nozzle in the holder that came on the pump. Check it out and if you have any questions about my setup, I'll try to answer them as best I can.

PS.....the things that are clamped to the bed rails that you can see in a few of the pics are the bicycle mounting brackets that I have not relocated yet. We used to haul our bicycles in the bed of the truck when we had a pull behind Toy Hauler. Obviously that won't work for towing a 5ver, but I'm going to relocate them and keep them in the truck bed for the times we put our bikes in the bed and are not towing.

Last edited by xrated; 03-16-2019 at 07:51 AM.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup. Thanks for sharing.
    Monte & Stacey
    Rocket and Daisy (Aussie and Golden)