Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

possible new owner of 2670MK

Hi! everyone My DW has decided we need a new Trailer for more space during our Winter Snowbird trips. She likes the 2670 MK and we would like to know how others feel about this unit and Grand Design in general.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by papermakermd View Post
    Hi! everyone My DW has decided we need a new Trailer for more space during our Winter Snowbird trips. She likes the 2670 MK and we would like to know how others feel about this unit and Grand Design in general.
    Welcome to the forum. This forum is an independent website (not owned or sponsored by GD) but admittedly many of us are naturally biased since the majority of participants are GD owners.

With that said, GD makes a quality trailer that is competitive with all the other major brands at their price point. Many, many of the components are the same. You'll see Furrion, Lippert, Dexter, Dometic, Atwood, etc., etc. in almost all trailers once you know what to look for.

What sets GD apart is their well-earned reputation for making things right, because sometimes they go wrong. Even very wrong. But if you'll take the time to search this forum you'll find example after example of testimonies where owners are praising GD for "stepping up to the plate" to fix their unit.

Any questions--fire away.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum.
    We like our Grand Design unit, was the best we thought when we were shopping. After a year of use we still like it, a few little problems as expected with any brand. Good luck in your search and look at many brands if you can. The after purchase support from GD has been documented on here as being top notch in most cases. I hope to not need them but if I do I hope I will be taken care of as many have been already.

Brian

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's to howson and country campers for your input. We have looked at many many different brands. We are the happy owners of Coachmen Apex right now. The DW though wants something with more room so we looked at an Imagine and she fell in love with it. We talked to a dealer here in TX. and back home. The dealer back home has a pretty good offer but we are on the road and will not be home until late April. He is waiting on us to make up our mind and make a deposit.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank's to howson and country campers for your input. We have looked at many many different brands. We are the happy owners of Coachmen Apex right now. The DW though wants something with more room so we looked at an Imagine and she fell in love with it. We talked to a dealer here in TX. and back home. The dealer back home has a pretty good offer but we are on the road and will not be home until late April. He is waiting on us to make up our mind and make a deposit.
    You are very welcome. Since you're new and there's not much info posted about your present setup, I suggest reviewing the information in the reference library regarding your tow vehicle (TV). After reviewing if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

How To Determine Your Truck's Trailer Towing Capability
    https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...ing-Capability
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I will look at it. I already know an upgraded TV will most likely be needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the 2670MK, bought last August. We looked at about every floor plan out there and found this one to be outstanding in terms of layout, space efficiency, cabinet space, strorage, etc. The two slides when out make the main living area look and feel huge.

LOVE the rear "office space" as we work on the road at times, great idea for our computer and printer. Lots of windows and light. We opted for the pull out sofa vice the recliners as we wanted sleeping space for kids and grand kids, so glad we did this.

The dinette cushions are awful and do not fit the space when you you put the table down for sleeping. It cost of $500 to get new cushions with quality high density foam which now fit to make a bed. Expensive but money well spent.

Fantastic design and layout, nothing came close and have no desire to upgrade to anything else, see ourselves retired and using this trailer for years to come.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi! ReiMan1776 the post you replied to was from back in March and a lot has changed since then. I knew our tow vehicle an F150 3.5 Eco Boost would be at it's max capacities. It only had a payload of 1147 lbs. We made the decision to upgrade our truck. I made the dumb decision to tell my wife if we were getting a bigger truck maybe we should look at a little bigger trailer. WE first looked at the 2970RL and than she saw a 315RLTS and fell in love with the interior. WE found out that trailer was close to 38 ft. long and I told her there was no way I would tow anything that long. We decided on the Reflection 297RSTS which is an upgrade on the 297RL. I'm picking up a 2016 Chevy 2500 HD tomorrow. We put a deposit down on a 2019 297RSTS and a planning a PDI for May 31. Moral of this story don't tell your DW maybe you should look at a bigger trailer. The 297 has a Tri-Fold couch in place of the desk and we have the freestanding table and chairs instead of the dinette. I hope they are more comfortable and we did not need the extra sleeping space. Glad you are enjoying your 2670Mk.
    Last edited by papermakermd; 05-18-2019 at 10:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought ours in February 2019 and LOVE it! ! We have been in Colorado for the last three weeks with ours and haven’t had to use the bedroom a/c much at all. The fireplace comes in handy in the mornings.
    We are new to the RVing but warmed up with a Jayco Kiwi in 2017.
    We pull our GD with a Ford 250.
    Happy Camping!