Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2019 Imagine bedroom door curtain ideas

Hey gang,

Did a search and didn't get any great hits. We're enjoying our new Imagine 2500RL. Not wild about the frosted glass in the bdroom and LR doors. But curious to know what people might have done to get a blackout type curtain on the bedroom door to keep the light down in the AM? We're thinking just a blackout type material in a color we like with velcro attachments as it has to be fairly flat under the screen door sandwiching it in. Anyone founf something pre-made the fills the bill? Got an old piece of cardboard from a cut up box held on with painters tape now. We use insulated vent covers in the BR and bath to keep the light down there.

Any ideas welcome. Guess you could say I'm not a "light sleeper"... meaning I like it dark when I'm sleeping.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Ford F-150 Lariat 5.4L 3V
    Our rig

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of these sitting in the garage waiting to get installed when we get it out of storage. I want to see out the window, not just let light in. The shade is black so it should block light better than the frosted window.

https://amzn.to/2CoXjlI

Jim
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jh.xsnrg View Post
    I have one of these sitting in the garage waiting to get installed when we get it out of storage. I want to see out the window, not just let light in. The shade is black so it should block light better than the frosted window.

Jim
    Interested I this when you get it installed.

Brian

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim

+1 on the "interested to see how you make out with this" and what you think of the product. I may go for one in the bedroom and another for the living room. Don't like not being able to see out the window before unlocking the door as well as the light blocking for the bedroom.
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Our rig

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hated the light in the morning myself and went with the following as my fix;

https://www.campingworld.com/solar-e...=blinds-shades

https://www.campingworld.com/solar-e...=blinds-shades
    Mike
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    2021 Ford F-250 7.3L 4.30 rear
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the correct second link - https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Insulat.../dp/B0024E6QX0
    Mike
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    B&W Companion hitch

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue on our 376 bedroom door. Our simple solution was to install a black, black out curtain on the inside of the door straight from Walmart! It works fantastic. No light gets around it at all! Plus when the bedroom door is open you never know its there.
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jim

Ok Jim,

I couldn't wait for you to get done. Posted this in another thread, but for those searching on this one, will post here too:

We've had out Imagine 2500RL a couple months now. I really disliked the cheap opaque windows GD puts on there. And there was no easy way to block light in the bedroom. Our last trip out saw a large piece of cardboard taped over the window to get a little darkness after sun up in the AM. But my bigger concern with the opaque window was not being able to see who might be knocking on your door after dark... Or if my better half was alone, I would not want her blindly unlocking and opening the door (former LEO mindset here...).

Anyway, someone on here had mentioned a replacement window on Amazon and it took me about 30 seconds after finding them to place my order for 2 of them. Here's the link.

I will tell those considering this that our 2019 door windows had NO mounting screws. The 2 window halves snapped together by tabs an I had to pry under the edge of the window and break the tabs 1 by 1. Could not see any way to "release" them. I had reviewed about 6 youtube videos on the subject but all the ones I saw, the old window halves were screwed together. Once I got them out, the new ones fit in great. They had a form of sealant on the outside unit and I carefully placed the shade unit in it's holders at top and bottom and taped them so they wouldn't fall out before the 2 halves were married. I set the clutch on my drill low, just to get the screws in, and tightened the last bit by hand, not wanting to strip out the plastic screw receiver holes on the mating surface. It all went very well and they look great. The blinds worked perfectly (you need to pull straight on them).

I'm sure they will be a big plus to the trailer... both in security and convenience of darkening the bedroom at night. Here's a couple shots of the new windows in.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6633-X2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	18587
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6634-X2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	18588
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6633.jpg  
    Cheers,

Don
    2019 Imagine 2500RL
    Our rig

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainuh View Post
    Ok Jim,

I couldn't wait for you to get done. Posted this in another thread, but for those searching on this one, will post here too:
    .. and they look good! Thanks for sharing. We were not able to get ours out yet, unfortunately. Hopefully next weekend now, if not before.
    2019 F350 6.7L PS SRW CCSB Platinum
    2021 28BH with theater seating and 2nd AC
    2019 Imagine 2400BH w/solar (sold)
    https://rolling.howardweb.info/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I had a low cost solution that worked (see links above), I decided to upgrade to the AP Product Slim Shade. In the end it looks much better than the stock frosted glass but there's one flaw (based on my planned use) that my son pointed out during the installation. He asked how was I going to be able to raise and lower the shade to see out when the door is closed because the screen door will be in the way. Aha moment. Well the wife and I like the new shade/tinted glass so we installed the second one as well. I guess we will leave the shade up a couple of inches so we can look out.
    Mike
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    B&W Companion hitch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast