User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solitude 310GK Dryer Vent Location

If you are installing a washer dryer in the closet, the dryer vent location sticker is in the wrong spot. They have it installed close to the door, when it should be at the back of the closet. I caught this before drilling a 3" hole! I am seeing interior photos of several 310GK's on RVTrader with this error as well.
    Also, the drop channel for the solar wiring roof location they have installed the cover plate and pre-cut the hole 5" to the rear of the location to where it is suppose to be. If you drill from the top you will come out at the front of the medicine cabinet! Amish quality they say........Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wrong.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	18398Click image for larger version. 

Name:	laundry.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	18399
    Last edited by howson; 03-17-2019 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Clarify thread's purpose/title

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do know that the interior wall where the sticker is located is a false wall, right?

You can technically put the vent anywhere on that wall. The actual exterior wall is where it gets tricky. As long as you do not hit an aluminum stud, it can go anywhere.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see Grand Design finally raised the plumbing fixture box for the washer, I had to raise ours as it was near the bottom of the closet. I wonder if the are installing a trap for the drain, mine did not, just a straight run to the holding tank.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, the drop channel for the solar wiring roof location they have installed the cover plate and pre-cut the hole 5" to the rear of the location to where it is suppose to be. If you drill from the top you will come out at the front of the medicine cabinet! Amish quality they say........[/QUOTE]

I have a similar issue with the location of the wiring access hole under that plate on the roof. I removed the plate and cannot find any hole. After speaking to two 'experts' at Grand Design, I am convinced they have no idea. When I asked one of them where I should drill the hole, he told me approximately 20" from the outer wall. That would put the hole right in the middle of my hallway ceiling. Their final answer was 'take it to the dealer and let them figure it out. The dealer will call us for help.' If they are no more helpful to the dealer than they have been to me, I suspect it may not have the desired outcome.
    Last edited by KirbyRVA; 03-17-2019 at 07:03 AM.
    2019 Solitude 384GKR
    Stored, used at Myrtle Beach, SC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The photo on the left is the incorrect location sticker. You not be able to get a 90 in between the machine and the wall, let alone a 3" vent hose. The photo on the right is my handy work. Removed the carpet, added matching flooring, and moved the taps.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you going to be able to route the dryer vent to that area show in the photo on the right? On my 310GK I had to remove the back wall and put it behind the W/D combo unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8098.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	18414
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dryer.PNG 
Views:	6 
Size:	7.9 KB 
ID:	18415 I drilled the 3" hole at 1-3/4" from the front wall instead of 2-1/2" and when the combo unit is installed, it only squeezes the vent hose about 3/8".