User Tag List

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017+ ford super duty ultimate tow rear camera install

Hi everyone I picked up the new 367bhs last week and already doing projects. I bought the camera/ tpms from ford with my new truck and reviewed the forums for install tips. I thought I would share a couple as well. I installed the camera directly to the plate on the trailer and ran the wire up to the ladder and then down with zip ties as unobtrusively as I could to under the belly cover. I removed the bolts down one side of the trailer on the belly cover and tucked the wire above all the metal supports so the cover would stay flush. I brought the wire through an existing hole in the front storage. I then removed 2 bolt screws near the king pin and fished the wire going to the truck above the fiberglass cover but below the frame metal also into the front storage compartment. Lastly I installed the ford 7/12 pins in the bed with the Nichols Manufacturing adapter for the bed and zip tied the ford wire with the 7 pin wire for a clean install. Hope this helps someone else. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4318.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	97.4 KB 
ID:	18404Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4319.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	18405Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4320.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	82.3 KB 
ID:	18406Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4321.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	79.3 KB 
ID:	18407

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same camera package as you. After a lot of thought I decided to go with a wireless camera setup. A lot easier and well worth the cost. I did not like the idea of running the cable the full length of the trailer. The only disadvantage is the display which is "no big deal" to me. Ford could have done a wireless system instead of this and it would have been perfect. Especially considering what we paid for this truck. Just poor engineering on their part.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginstergti View Post
    Hi everyone I picked up the new 367bhs last week and already doing projects. I bought the camera/ tpms from ford with my new truck and reviewed the forums for install tips. I thought I would share a couple as well.
    Congrats on the new 367bhs and thanks for sharing your install with us!

I had a wireless camera on my Reflection but the signal was unreliable even with the booster. Plus I didn't like having yet another display attached to the windshield. Decided to install the Ford wired camera on the Solitude and it's a better solution for me. It uses the existing display on the truck and the signal is 100% reliable. Like you, I used the Nichols Manufacturing plate for the bed of the truck. I ran my cable up through the solar/satellite channel and across the roof then mounted the camera under the existing Furrion plate. The only downside for me is the camera doesn't work while driving down the highway. There is a 3rd party solution available that will allow it to operate at highway speeds but it requires a combination of button presses on the head unit that didn't seem very intuitive to me.

Thanks again for sharing your install.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ginstergti View Post
    ...the camera/ tpms from ford with my new truck...
    I installed the same system (except for a TT) on my '17. If you haven't read this thread about the NAVIKS it might be of interest: https://www.mygrandrv.com/fo...Truck-A-Review
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)