Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mattress

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mattress

I am going to change out my mattress in my Reflection and was wondering if anyone else has tried the Zinus green tree 10” or 8” mattress. I think this is the one that I want to get but would like to get some feedback first thanks.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by timsos View Post
    I am going to change out my mattress in my Reflection and was wondering if anyone else has tried the Zinus green tree 10” or 8” mattress. I think this is the one that I want to get but would like to get some feedback first thanks.
    I typed in "Zinus" into the search box (white rectangular box near the top right of this page) and clicked the small magnifying glass icon. There are five posts in the archives with that word in it.

Give it a try--hopefully those posts will be helpful.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t get the answers I was looking for, I was looking for feedback on the specific ones I mentioned, thanks though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what its worth we just changed the mattress in our Transcend 26RLS. We went with a full queen Casper mattress from Costco. It's 12" thick and very comfortable, but it made the bed a tad high. The only reason I'm replying to this thread is to alert you too a fact that our new mattress is heavier than the original mattress and the struts don't hold the bed open any longer. If possible I hoping to adjust the struts or if I can't I'm going to replace them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    For what its worth we just changed the mattress in our Transcend 26RLS. We went with a full queen Casper mattress from Costco. It's 12" thick and very comfortable, but it made the bed a tad high. The only reason I'm replying to this thread is to alert you too a fact that our new mattress is heavier than the original mattress and the struts don't hold the bed open any longer. If possible I hoping to adjust the struts or if I can't I'm going to replace them.
    Here's a link to the bed strut discussion: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...505#post187505
    ~Peter

Ford F-250 6.7 CCSB (tow vehicle), Imagine 2400BH, Cadillac Escalade 6.2 (family vehicle), BMW X5 (daily driver), Porsche 911/996 (weekend toy)

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are so many different mattress brands and series within brands that you will be hard-pressed to get a response to your specific question on an RV forum. There are dozens (if not more) of discussions on this forum regarding mattresses - and there are almost as many different opinions on the topic as there are forum members. Find something you like and put it in your RV. Replace the gas struts with something stronger if necessary. We use a full queen Tuft & Needle mattress and just put up with a little extra effort to raise the bed to get to the storage (which we do only about every two weeks).

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just use the stock mattress and put a nice memory foam pad on it. We've been doing that for years. In fact, that's what we do in our house.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We replaced the factory mattress with a Nectar queen which added 40.5 lbs. Struts work fine. So far we love this mattress.
    Larry & Suzanne
    2021 GD Reflection 150 295RL
    2019 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab 4X4
    6.7L Power Stroke Diesel, 3.55 rear axle ratio
    B&W Companion 5th wheel hitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've have since experience with Zinus. One mattress is a green tea 8 inch. It's in my daughter's room and is really comfy. I liked it so much that I bought a 12 inch gel infused mattress for my own bed. It's also very comfy, and sleeps a bit cooler than the regular green tea. When we bought our 21BHE, the Murphy bed mattress was too firm, so we added a Zinus 2 inch gel topper. It made the Murphy bed as comfy as our bedroom mattress, without adding much weight. The bed still folds up easily, and fits inside the cavity without issue.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    There are so many different mattress brands and series within brands that you will be hard-pressed to get a response to your specific question on an RV forum. There are dozens (if not more) of discussions on this forum regarding mattresses - and there are almost as many different opinions on the topic as there are forum members. Find something you like and put it in your RV. Replace the gas struts with something stronger if necessary. We use a full queen Tuft & Needle mattress and just put up with a little extra effort to raise the bed to get to the storage (which we do only about every two weeks).

Rob
    We just replaced our mattress with a Tuft and Needles mattress purchased from lowes (on sale) with a 10% military discount. Very happy with the purchase and much much better than the original one.
    Rick & Betsy
    2020 Ram 3500 Diesel
    2018 Reflection 337RLS