User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New to site and looking...

Hi all! New to this whole idea of full time RV living but super excited about starting the process of searching for our dream home on wheels. We went to an RV show today and absolutely love the Grand Design models.
    Just wondering about whether or not we could live full time in any of the Grand Design 5th wheels or if there are certain models that would be recommended? At this time, we aren't planning to tow ourselves to our destinations - just move North / South every 6 mos or so and use a tow service.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CKA2019 View Post
    Hi all! New to this whole idea of full time RV living but super excited about starting the process of searching for our dream home on wheels. We went to an RV show today and absolutely love the Grand Design models.
    Just wondering about whether or not we could live full time in any of the Grand Design 5th wheels or if there are certain models that would be recommended? At this time, we aren't planning to tow ourselves to our destinations - just move North / South every 6 mos or so and use a tow service.
    Hi CKA2019 . . . welcome to our Grand Design Owners forum!

Many on here live full time in their Grand Design products. The "Solitude" models are specifically aimed at "extended living" although others find this to be quite comfortable in one of the Reflection models. We "snowbird" for five months each winter in Florida in our Reflection 303RLS and find that this works well for us. I'm sure that others will chime in . . .

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We live in ours fulltime, but aren't typical fulltimers. We mostly stay parked in the same spot, but we do take the trailer numerous places throughout the year to go camping with friends or just to take a trip somewhere. We live in a Momentum 399 and we are a family of 6 and a dog. Anything is possible if you put your mind to it and maybe some modifications as you see fit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...Just wondering about whether or not we could live full time in any of the Grand Design 5th wheels or if there are certain models that would be recommended?
    Welcome to the forum!

Like Rob, we spend five months each winter in our 5th wheel. We started in a Reflection and now have a Solitude. The Reflection was perfectly comfortable for us. We could easily have lived in it full time. I think getting the right floor plan is more important for long term living in an RV than the model line you choose (Reflection vs Solitude). Our Solitude is much more comfortable for us because of two main things:

1- It has a half bath which was super important for my wife
    2- The whole front of our RV is the main bathroom which was important to me because I'm tall and the half width bathrooms are just too teeny for me

Our residential fridge, washer and dryer and dishwasher also makes it much more home-like for us.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and use a tow service.
    Welcome to the forum! Based on your useage not buying a very expensive tow vehicle (you'll typically see this abbreviated as TV) is a great plan.
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)