User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy to finally join the Grand Design family!

Hello all!

My name is Tony. My wife Kristen and me, along with our two children and Henry the boxer, are very proud new owners of a 2019 Reflection 28BH. This is our 3rd camper. 4th if you count the pop-up that we renovated but never spent a night in before selling.

Our first camper was a Keystone Passport. It was a murphy bed model and it took one season of camping to realize we were absolutely in love with camper camping and needed something larger for our family. The next season we upgraded to a PrimeTime Lacrosse bunkhouse. She was a beast of a bumper pull at 38'. We took it on lots of trips over 2 seasons and enjoyed every one of them. But after 2 seasons, we knew we wanted to get into a 5th wheel. Moving to a Grand Design was always in the backs of our minds. When we bought the Lacrosse, it was between it and a Grand Design Imagine, but the Lacrosse floorplan and outdoor kitchen won us over. Now that we are in our dream Grand Design 5th wheel, we plan on slowing down on the upgrades and hope to get many years of enjoyment out of this one.

I have come to this forum a lot over the past year, and appreciate all the info shared. Now it's time for me to participate in the discussions
    2019 Reflection 28BH
    2016 Ford F-250 SRW 6.2L
    B&W Patriot Slider 18K

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats and welcome aboard. I , as well as many others, lurked here before becoming a site sponsor and wish I had just done it in the beginning.
    Glad to have you here and will be watching for your input.

Brian

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aFugazifan View Post
    Hello all!

My name is Tony. My wife Kristen and me, along with our two children and Henry the boxer, are very proud new owners of a 2019 Reflection 28BH. This is our 3rd camper. 4th if you count the pop-up that we renovated but never spent a night in before selling.

Our first camper was a Keystone Passport. It was a murphy bed model and it took one season of camping to realize we were absolutely in love with camper camping and needed something larger for our family. The next season we upgraded to a PrimeTime Lacrosse bunkhouse. She was a beast of a bumper pull at 38'. We took it on lots of trips over 2 seasons and enjoyed every one of them. But after 2 seasons, we knew we wanted to get into a 5th wheel. Moving to a Grand Design was always in the backs of our minds. When we bought the Lacrosse, it was between it and a Grand Design Imagine, but the Lacrosse floorplan and outdoor kitchen won us over. Now that we are in our dream Grand Design 5th wheel, we plan on slowing down on the upgrades and hope to get many years of enjoyment out of this one.

I have come to this forum a lot over the past year, and appreciate all the info shared. Now it's time for me to participate in the discussions
    Welcome to our corner of the RV world. Have a great time, great people here willing to share and help.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome aboard! The 28BH has such a great combination of features and we are so happy with ours. Only negatives so far is that I wish I had the newer Furrion oven and cooktop and wished I had theater seats instead of the tri-fold sofa. Otherwise it's been great.

After you get some towing miles under your belt with it, I'd be interested in hearing how the 6.2L gasser does. I pull mine with a 6.4L Hemi and it does a respectable job. My in-laws are Ford fans and they went with a 6.2L in their F-350. Curious how well the 6.2L does.

Congratulations again and feel free to ask questions. I'm sure you've seen a fair number of 28BH owners here if you've been lurking for a while.
    2018 Reflection 28BH
    Andersen Ultimate Hitch ISR Version
    Predator 3500W Inverter Generator
    2017 Ram 3500 Mega cab SRW w/6.4L Hemi, Ramboxes, Active Air Rear Suspension
    2017 Aluma 8214HS
    2015 Lund Crossover 1775 XS

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aFugazifan View Post
    Hello all!

I already said "Hi" on your vent post, but want to do again in this thread. I am looking forward to reading your mods and adventures in your new 28BH!

Any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)