Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical Outlet Problem in 2950RL

2018 2950RL, The electrical power outlets in bedroom do not work, they worked in the past tho, checked all breakers and fuses, all good. Also notice the outlet for the recliner, is not working as well, please help with any suggestions

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The receptacles in these trailers are the type that they clamp the wire between 2 connectors that penetrate the wire coating to make contact. I had a problem with one of mine that I had to open up and redo the connections. They are hard to get apart and back together. There are also connections under the trailer above the coroplast that have been known to have problems. If you have power in some places and not in others this could be the problem. The hardest part is tracing down the culprit.
    You may put in a call to GD and relay this problem to them and see if they have a electric diagram that may help with the trouble shooting.

Brian

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several Power outlets not working

Are there any other fuses or breakers than the ones in the breaker box/electrical panel?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Brian, however you got me on coroplast... do not know what that is??

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m also trying to find out if there are any other fuses or breakers or resets besides the ones in the electrical panel??

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    2018 2950RL, The electrical power outlets in bedroom do not work, they worked in the past tho, checked all breakers and fuses, all good. Also notice the outlet for the recliner, is not working as well, please help with any suggestions
    pocloy--sorry for all the movement of your posts but wanted to get everything in the right place for maximum exposure. I hope you get fixed up quick! Lots of very experienced electricians on this board that should be able to help.

-Howard
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW 6.7L Platinum
    2019 315RLTS (purchased 16 Jul 18 from Campers Inn RV in Byron, GA)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thanks Brian, however you got me on coroplast... do not know what that is??
    Use the reply with quote , helps us know who you are talking to , we also get a notification like you just got.
    The coroplast is the covering on the bottom of the trailer attached to the frame, I am hoping we can find the problem so you do not have to go in there.
    There are other types of receptacles called GFCI, these are ground fault circuit interrupter, they have a reset button on them so after the fault is found you can reset it. If there is a light on any of these types of receptacles they have tripped and need reset. Tripping these is caused by and overload or plugging in something that is not properly grounded.
    These would be another thing to check. The breaker panel you found is the only one in the rv.

Brian

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 15A circuit breaker labeled GFI/GFCI goes to a GFCI outlet that can be on the kitchen island.
    If it trips it'll cut power to outlets it is connected to.
    It can feed power to the passthru outlets, and a couple bedroom outlets, bathroom outlet.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried resetting your GFI recept in bathroom.

Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you plugged into a 30 amp outlet with an adapter?
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast