Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dog Ramp? Large dog

Have a LARGE Dane... and need a ramp to get him in the Solitude. What are folks using. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tim.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	18457
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Please pardon my asking but does he have hip problems? From the great looks of your dog I figured it was just one step My GS has bad hips but can still manage the stairs. However a while back we were camping next to folks with 2 small dogs. They had a piece of plywood about 2 feet wide 6" or 8' long with carpet on it hung on their steps for the dogs to run up and down. I think they kept it in the pickup during travel.

Hope this helps
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Please pardon my asking but does he have hip problems? From the great looks of your dog I figured it was just one step My GS has bad hips but can still manage the stairs. However a while back we were camping next to folks with 2 small dogs. They had a piece of plywood about 2 feet wide 6" or 8' long with carpet on it hung on their steps for the dogs to run up and down. I think they kept it in the pickup during travel.

Hope this helps
    No....no hip problems at all...I worry about a leg falling into the steps...

This looks good..

https://www.chewy.com/solvit-deluxe-...SABEgJiI_D_BwE
    2019 Solitude 372WB FBP loaded
    2021 Ford F350 King Ranch 6.7 FX4 Long Bed Rapid Red
    1970 Plymouth Roadrunner
    1968 Dodge Charger

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have the Solvit ramp, if you chhoose that get the extra large. Anything shorter will be to steep and be harder to get the dog to use.
    We came down to FL without a ramp because our dog that needed it has been gone for a couple years.
    Our dog Koda re irritated a partial ACL tear so we went on Craigs List and found a used folding ramp that goes to the 2nd stair down and it works well. It was a steal @ 15 bucks.
    Having used both I think the Solvit XL ramp is not only longer but easier to use, it can be used in a parking lot without having to fully extend it in tighter areas. Either one is fine tho aand the dogs use each with ease.

Have what ever drives your dog on hand be it treats or toys to bribe him up the first few times
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the same one you posted
    https://www.chewy.com/solvit-deluxe-...SABEgJiI_D_BwE

I used it for about the last 18 months of my dogs life. Used twice daily for my dog's walk. It was very reliable and sturdy. No issues at all. I'm just not sure if it will be long enough to get up into a SOLITUDE, maybe you'll have to rest it on the top step and the dog will have to take one small step from the top of the ramp to the coach floor. Definitely get the one that is 87" as opposed to the 72" one. Mine was 72"
    A small piece of cheese the first few times helped.

Size Ramp Weight Supported Weight Length Height Tread Surface
    REGULAR 13 lbs 400 lbs 39 - 72 inches up to 30 inches 13 inches
    X-LARGE 18 lbs over 300 lbs 47 - 87 inches up to 36 inches 20 inches

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1566.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	18470
    Last edited by raybbj; 03-19-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.petloader.com/content/cac.../side-load.jpg

We use this from petloader for our Akita, that has had both ACL’s surgically repaired. We also use a telescoping ramp on the 3 inside stairs at night. She sleeps on the floor in the bedroom area, but going down those steps is too steep.
    RobM
    2017 Chevy Silverado 3500 L5P, Transfer Flow 35 Gal Aux Fuel Tank, Pace Edwards Full Metal JackRabbit Tonneau Cover
    2018 Solitude 310-GKR, Curt Q-20 puck system hitch, TST TPMS 507, Titan discs

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use the “Solve It” ramp up to the top step as well. (The long one.) I also place a brace under the middle just for extra support. We all (my wife, me and both German Shepherds) use the ramp every entry and exit. We also use the ramp, not extended to help my older shepherd get into and out of the truck. For info, one dog is 9 and the other is 5. The five year old would prefer to just jump over the ramp, but with her leash on we wont let her. After the first couple of times, they just use it white out hesitation.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the "Solv It", place it on the top step and good to go! We also use it to load the pups into the pickup when we go. We have had ours two years now with a lot of use between our dogs. Ours is the 6 foot long one. Our dogs range 50-75 pounds.
    Former 2022 Solitude 310GKR w/8K axles & disc brakes, factory solar
    Formerly 2019 Reflection 230RL, 2019 Reflection 320MKS, and 2015 Outback Terrain 230TRS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We also have the solvit xl for our old beagle. Wt capacity is 300 lbs.
    As someone else stated we also leave it in place and use it ourselves.
    Works great and I no longer need to pick him up and set him in the trailer.
    Milt