User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jerry. I had the Goodyears on my last Newmar 5th wheel for 12 years and they still looked like new when we traded. I have a set of Sailuns on my truck. Have about 3k miles on them and I hate them. Can not get them to balance. Dealer tried another set and same thing. Just can稚 get rid of the vibration. Next week I知 switching back to the Michelin AT2 that came on the truck when new. So I知 not real anxious to try the Sailun RV tires.
    Thanks
    Don

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toes in the water View Post
    Gary's post #9 with the feedback he received from LS Tire was (as I recall) the only post like this to not go with GY Endurance Tires. 99 to 1........I think you are in good company. Even though very early in the game for the Endurance, there have been no negative reports on this forum. I have not looked elsewhere.

Dan
    Yup, leave it to me to find the one (or 2) critics.. just how I roll I guess. Can't begin to tell you how many instances where I've been told "I've never seen that happen" after it just happened, to me.
    Both these tire stores are peddling 12-ply, F-rated tires in 15". Chinese made and odd enough brand I can't remember the name (trailmaster might be one). F-rated can't be bad I guess. 303RLS.
    Gary & Erin + Kitty the '85# Border Collie/Lab
    2015 303RLS
    2018 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7PSD (1st Ford coming from '05 Duramax)
    http://www.kleenoilusa.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeDuty View Post
    Les Schwab and another local tire shop vehemently recommended against GY Endurance. I explained they're different than GY Marathons but they were adamant. Told me to get them online if I insisted and they'd mount them.
    Can't remember off the top of my head the brand (Chinese) one shop recommended but they were steel casing (unlike Endurance they said) and 12 ply/F-rated. I'll get the brand a do some research or look for the Sailuns for comparison.

Sheesh.. I was set on Endurance with the reports here..
    Please don't buy any "China Bombs". The only American made tires are Goodyear and Cooper. Westlakes are very cheap tires. I drove test trucks and trailers for Chrysler at their Arizona Proving Grounds and we used to blow them up once per week. When they come apart at high speeds, they look like big truck re-treads laying all over the Highways.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced Westlake with GY two days ago based on research I did on this forum and due to blowout I had.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new Westlakes are coming off tomorrow and GY Endurances are going on my 230RL.....I believe all/most of you guys are running heavier/larger rv's than I.....but, am not taking a chance.....being a new rv owner........you guys are the smart ones and I will follow suite.
    Thanks for all of you I. Helping me make my decision.
    Regards
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselDevilDog View Post
    Please don't buy any "China Bombs". The only American made tires are Goodyear and Cooper. Westlakes are very cheap tires. I drove test trucks and trailers for Chrysler at their Arizona Proving Grounds and we used to blow them up once per week. When they come apart at high speeds, they look like big truck re-treads laying all over the Highways.
    With respect...the country of origin has no bearing on the quality of the product.
    I am very happy with my Maxxis tires they are excellent and are manufactured in Thailand
    Sailun tires are a very good tire and are manufactured in China.

Be kind,be careful, be safe, wash your hands and keep your distance.

Mulligan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as having to buy a USA built tire for your RV, bull its a myth. There are many great tires from other manufactures for RV's from many different countries. I was in the heavy dirt moving industry for over 25 years & we bought many tires for our Catepillar Scrapers & Blades over the years. And you know who had the best tires by a mile? Well, it wasnt Goodyear & they were not made in the USA. The best tires that I have seen said Mitchelin on them. And most of these tires for heavy equipment were manufactured in Spain and sometimes in Canada. And they were all great tires no matter where they came from. As far as USA tires I can remember those good old Firestone tires from a few years back. I guess that we can call those USA bombs. Fact is we do not have a magic formula of super rubber to make tires and better than anyone else. The fact is that they are built to the specs that there speficied for from the manufactor. So in my opinion the best RV tire: Mitchelin Rib. 14 steel ply, tough & indurable. My new ORV has 15 inch Goodyear Indurance & I'm going to stick with them because its also a good tire. My RV sits way high so I do not want to switch to a 16 inch tire. But if I did I would sell the Good Years & 15 inch rims go to 16's Mitchelin Ribs. Esp with the heavire RV's. That is just my 2 cents worth. Have a good day.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Olin View Post
    As far as having to buy a USA built tire for your RV, bull its a myth. There are many great tires from other manufactures for RV's from many different countries. I was in the heavy dirt moving industry for over 25 years & we bought many tires for our Catepillar Scrapers & Blades over the years. And you know who had the best tires by a mile? Well, it wasnt Goodyear & they were not made in the USA. The best tires that I have seen said Mitchelin on them. And most of these tires for heavy equipment were manufactured in Spain and sometimes in Canada. And they were all great tires no matter where they came from. As far as USA tires I can remember those good old Firestone tires from a few years back. I guess that we can call those USA bombs. Fact is we do not have a magic formula of super rubber to make tires and better than anyone else. The fact is that they are built to the specs that there speficied for from the manufactor. So in my opinion the best RV tire: Mitchelin Rib. 14 steel ply, tough & indurable. My new ORV has 15 inch Goodyear Indurance & I'm going to stick with them because its also a good tire. My RV sits way high so I do not want to switch to a 16 inch tire. But if I did I would sell the Good Years & 15 inch rims go to 16's Mitchelin Ribs. Esp with the heavire RV's. That is just my 2 cents worth. Have a good day.
    Thanks for your comments.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123