User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We just purchased our first travel trailer, a 26RLS.

My wife and I finally purchased our first travel trailer, a Transcend 26RLS. We were deciding between the Imagine 2600RB and Transcend 26RLS. The 26RLS is 2 feet longer and had a similar floor plan except that it also had a second rear sofa that folds out into a double bed in addition to the recliner. We thought that we'd use the additional sleeping/seating space.

The trailer was on site and I looked it over quite well (inside and out). I didn't find any fit and finish issues, like missing or loose screws, unattached draw slides, loose hinges, all of the windows operated, doors opened and closed, etc. The trailer seemed in perfect order (as it should be). We are having the dealer install a slide topper and we expect to pick it in mid to late April. The trailer is winterized now and I thought it best to delay picking it up until the freezing potential is minimal. When we do pick it up the dealer said that they'd go over and test everything with us present when we pick it up. The dealership has great reviews and customers that we met in their yard raved about them, so we shall see. I was trained as a residential House Inspector so I intend to go over it again with a fine toothed comb when we pick it up. I will let you if I have or find any issues.

I plan to install a hard wired surge protector and maybe some sort of sewer hose holder. I know that the hose would fit in the the bumper but, I'm told that the fittings won't and I'd like avoid storing anything sewage related in the storage compartment if possible. Has anyone installed a DIY or aftermarket sewer hose storage? If so, are you happy with them?

As for sewer hoses, there are so many out there, can anyone suggest a good one?

We are planning to use a Hensley Arrow hitch and I'm not sure how I should get it installed. If the trailer was closer to home (it's 6 hours away) I'd definitely drag it home and install it myself. The dealer said that they'd install it on a T&M basis, but he didn't know if his techs had ever installed one before (we know I haven't) and he didn't know what it would cost. My other option is to drive to a friends house (he's 30 minutes way) and I'd install it in my friends driveway. Only problem is, he has 1/4 dirt driveway, that I might have to back down and I'd be muddy mess if it rained while I installed it. I'm leaning towards having the dealer do it. Any thoughts on what it would cost?

Thanks

Bob

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bob
    Congrats, sounds like you have it all worked out.
    I installed a Valtera after market sewer hose holder and do like it. I use the rhino flex hose, as others here I like the sound it makes when it is stretched.
    Good luck on the delivery.

Brian

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Bob @BeerBrewer,

If you have a standard 4" square RV bumper the rhino flex hose and end fittings will go into this.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Bob @BeerBrewer,

If you have a standard 4" square RV bumper the rhino flex hose and end fittings will go into this.

Rob
    How much hose fits into the bumper? Does it cause the bumper to rust inside?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    How much hose fits into the bumper? Does it cause the bumper to rust inside?
    Two compressed 10’ hoses with room to spare. The inside of the tube is not painted so it does have light surface rust. This doesn’t seem to have changed much in over 4 years of storing the drain hoses there. I hook the two hoses together and put a cap on each end.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS